SPA Cabin

Theosprey247

What are the benefits of booking a spa Cabin?  I asked this because we were offered a $50 upgrade from deck 8 (balcony) to a spa balcony for my son’s graduation cruise this July on the Radiance.  My son wasn’t interested, but it got me wondering. 

What ship?  If you book a spa cabin, you get access to spa amenities.  See below from Carnival’s web site.  If it is one of the newer ships, it is worth it for the thermal suite.

Cloud 9 Spa staterooms do things a little different than ordinary staterooms. For starters, we dare you to cross the threshold without feeling a little more relaxed. Once you're inside, you'll find pleasing decor and in-room amenities like ELEMIS bath products and spa-branded bathrobes and slippers to enhance your stay.

What’s more, your excellent stateroom choice gets you priority spa reservations, free fitness classes, unlimited access to the thermal suites, exclusive discounts on treatments during port days... and more. (And on ships with a Hydrotherapy Pool, you’re welcome to use it as much as you want!)

And the best part? We've got a full range of rooms with that Cloud 9 mojo, from cozy Interiors to stretch-out Suites, ensuring you'll never have to sacrifice comfort for value.

• Thanks 1

I love the spa especially the thermal suites. One day I hope they add them to the spirit class when they get drydocked again. 

Usually I weigh my on board credit. If it's enough for me to get thermal pass, I will. If not, I'd try to upgrade if it costs me less then paying for the thermal pass

We always try to get the spa rooms.  Our reason is location and fewer folks on the area of the rooms, pending on which ship, thus don't get the runners issues in the halls.  We enjoy the much more quite

rooms, etc.

The spa itself is great. But don't kid yourself. You don't get exclusive access. The spa employees sold so many day and week passes to people not in spa cabins, we who were in a spa cabin couldn't get into the thermal suites or thalasso pool until the cruise was almost over because the novelty had finally worn off for the people sold the passes. If you didn't take the "upgrade," you did the right thing. Total waste. Just buy a pass. Or, better yet, do what most people on the Magic were doing in January. Pretend you had pass and use the facilities anyway. The spa employees were more concerned with the people spending $200 for a massage to care.

10 hours ago, young_k92 said:

The spa itself is great. But don't kid yourself. You don't get exclusive access. The spa employees sold so many day and week passes to people not in spa cabins, we who were in a spa cabin couldn't get into the thermal suites or thalasso pool until the cruise was almost over because the novelty had finally worn off for the people sold the passes. If you didn't take the "upgrade," you did the right thing. Total waste. Just buy a pass. Or, better yet, do what most people on the Magic were doing in January. Pretend you had pass and use the facilities anyway. The spa employees were more concerned with the people spending $200 for a massage to care.

On Magic in January, our Sign n Sail card was taken when we wanted access to the spa and returned to us when we were finished.  Every time, and we used the spa every day.

On 3/5/2023 at 6:58 PM, young_k92 said:

The spa itself is great. But don't kid yourself. You don't get exclusive access. The spa employees sold so many day and week passes to people not in spa cabins, we who were in a spa cabin couldn't get into the thermal suites or thalasso pool until the cruise was almost over because the novelty had finally worn off for the people sold the passes. If you didn't take the "upgrade," you did the right thing. Total waste.

We had the exact same experience on Panorama.  The way people rave about the spa cabins, I thought maybe it was just us (who found the spa to be an overcrowded nightmare).  We will never book a spa cabin again.

In our case, we had to skip one of our ports and with that additional day at sea, they were selling spa passes like crazy.

• Like 1