Fortress of theBear/Raptor tour at sitka

latebuyer

Has anyone bought the raptor centre/fortress of the bear excursion when they got off the ship and knows what it costs? I paid 44 through cruise line to go to the raptor centre and a nature walk and i wonder if buying it in port is cheaper. I’m not sure if i made a mistake not including fortress of the bear in my tour as well.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Has anyone bought the raptor centre/fortress of the bear excursion when they got off the ship and knows what it costs? I paid 44 through cruise line to go to the raptor centre and a nature walk and i wonder if buying it in port is cheaper. I’m not sure if i made a mistake not including fortress of the bear in my tour as well.

I purchased tickets for the Raptor Center & Fortress of the Bear tour this past September as we got off the shuttle bus in Sitka. You can't miss the operator of this tour...standing there with a big sign and their buses were lined up and they filled up fast and we were on our way. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was about $20.00 pp. plus a small entrance fee to each venue. I paid for 4 adults and two kids and it would have been more expensive if I had booked with the cruise line...I had considered it. We had an amazing local driver/guide. Wait and do this option...you'll be glad you did.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I purchased tickets for the Raptor Center & Fortress of the Bear tour this past September as we got off the shuttle bus in Sitka. You can't miss the operator of this tour...standing there with a big sign and their buses were lined up and they filled up fast and we were on our way. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was about $20.00 pp. plus a small entrance fee to each venue. I paid for 4 adults and two kids and it would have been more expensive if I had booked with the cruise line...I had considered it. We had an amazing local driver/guide. Wait and do this option...you'll be glad you did.

Do you remember who the vendor was?

Just curious if they would fill up, etc....

Edited by Coral

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Do you remember who the vendor was?

Just curious if they would fill up, etc....

No...but you can't miss them as their standing right on the sidewalk as you exit the ship shuttle. They had a few buses and they did fill up fast. Glad we got off the ship shortly after docking.