Fleet decor differences

phil1107

The marketing for Grandeur refers to re-imagining some of the restaurants. The pictures which I think are computer-generated look amazing.

i would very much love to cruise on Grandeur. My question is whether the decor on the rest of the fleet is individual enough to warrant choosing those also. Are they are all worth seeing? Are some better or have more ‘wow factor’ than others?

53 minutes ago, phil1107 said:

The marketing for Grandeur refers to re-imagining some of the restaurants. The pictures which I think are computer-generated look amazing.

i would very much love to cruise on Grandeur. My question is whether the decor on the rest of the fleet is individual enough to warrant choosing those also. Are they are all worth seeing? Are some better or have more ‘wow factor’ than others?

We absolutely love Splendor…..terrific decor, furnishings, artwork, etc. We were on her last March and will be again March 28 on a TA. And this viewpoint from another ex Canuck. What happened to the Flames this year??

Explorer has been described as more "masculine" with the darker wood decor, and Splendor as more 'feminine" with the lighter color palette.  We shall see what Grandeur has to offer when we sail on the 2 inaugurals this November.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phil1107 said:

It all depends on you. Some clients couldn't care less what the ship looks like and others have a need for it to be very fancy. What are your criteria?

We like the decor on all the Regent ships; our first cruise choice criteria being itinerary and then price per day.

With those initial choices taken care of, we favour Splendor over Explorer because of the lighter colour palette and because some of the design flaws on Explorer were corrected on Splendor.

In our opinion, Mariner has the best layout of public areas and the decor is fine.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

In our opinion, Mariner has the best layout of public areas and the decor is fine.

The Mariner has always been my favorite ship. Love the layout.  But it's ready for a refresh.  We sailed not long ago and we were disappointed that some areas are quite worn.

6 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

The Mariner has always been my favorite ship. Love the layout.  But it's ready for a refresh.  We sailed not long ago and we were disappointed that some areas are quite worn.

Can you describe what seemed worn?

3 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Can you describe what seemed worn?

Most soft goods are replaced on a regular schedule but you might see things like a chipped tile or caulking to replace grouting in a bathroom...or a scratch on wood trim. To be honest, you see these things now on Explorer to a lesser degree. You can't keep a ship perfect - it is a high wear and harsh environment. However, I was just on a RCC ship that is newer than Navigator and the suite looked like a college dorm room - it was rough and Regent will never let their ships look like that.

• Like 2

^^ Agree.

My last cruise was on Star Princess, a few months before Covid shut everything down. She is/was similar in age to Voyager and Mariner and also had periodic refits, but the difference in condition was night and day. From outward wear and tear to even things like elevators out of order and water leaks seemingly everywhere.

Regent ships might not be new, but they're kept in far better condition than most IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Most soft goods are replaced on a regular schedule but you might see things like a chipped tile or caulking to replace grouting in a bathroom...or a scratch on wood trim. To be honest, you see these things now on Explorer to a lesser degree. You can't keep a ship perfect - it is a high wear and harsh environment. However, I was just on a RCC ship that is newer than Navigator and the suite looked like a college dorm room - it was rough and Regent will never let their ships look like that.

I would also like to hear what @ChatKat in Ca.saw as the OP for that statement.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I don't know what that means, I didn't say anything about the Mariner? But the more observations, the better the conclusions! 😃 

I was referring to post #9 in this thread.  No biggie.  All comments welcome.