Next promotion

FrankieSue

Holland America has had the « Have it all » promotion for a long time now… When and what do you think the next promotion will be? I am waiting for a reduced deposit promotion to book a 2024 cruise. (not attached to the Have it All)… thanks for your input

The current HIA is not a promotion, It is one of the 3 fares that can be used to book a cruise. The Best Price fare has a non-refundable deposit and has no included perks. The Best Value fare has a refundable deposit and includes the HIA package. There's is also an Advantage Price fare which has a refundable deposit but includes no perks. To learn what this fare is, you or your TA must call HAL. If you select this option, you can add the HIA package later if you want it.

When the next reduced deposit promotion is announced, you can get the Advantage Price fare without HIA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I’m waiting for a sale which includes crew appreciation.

According to a recent discussion with the on board future cruise agent (Rotterdam), it is usually offered in the first 90 days of new releases. 

He called it HIA plus. 

35 minutes ago, 0106 said:

12 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

According to a recent discussion with the on board future cruise agent (Rotterdam), it is usually offered in the first 90 days of new releases. 

He called it HIA plus. 

I honestly do not think we will see this any time soon. They recently raised the gratuities. They still have a lot of reservations out there that had this from previous promotions. When they previously offered this they would offer it far more frequently. It has been crickets since they last offered this. I think at best for Future promos with HIA it will be giving premium WIFI and adding a second specialty Dining and reduced deposit. The including gratuities cuts into their pockets too deeply. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

Tina - there is currently an "early booking" deal.  HIA is at 50% pricing and this one includes crew appreciation.  I sent you an email a little while ago.  Let me know what you think.

Helen

As bookings are still very strong promotions will not need to be large.

Watching a cruise you are interested is more likely to give you the lowest total cost.  Most cruises are pretty to very full.  However, some are seeing fewer bookings and accordingly lower fares.

We booked online and got $100 deposit (woo woo!). Come to find out the price of the cruise is now down $1000 for 2 so was that a great promo? You will pay for gratuities either up front, daily or in the HIA (if it's included). Be careful looking for promotions. You need to know what the cost of each individual item is in a package and whether the total HIA has things you will actually use or just get it because it works out being "included". (I.e. the cost of HIA includes free wifi. But you were not planning on buying wifi, but it ends up being only $x in the package, is that a deal for you). Also HIA packages change, (is it  2 dinners or 1, gratuities or not, $100 excursion or $200, etc). 

Next HAL cruise we would book we  want the gratuities included or price reduction .We believe that many consumers will soon be tapped out due to this ever lasting inflation ;which we feel will impact cruise sales