How long before cruise for excursions to appear?

We're on Explorer 2 May 4th. I've been watching the Cruise control for weeks and although it shows Kora La and Surf and Turf available to book whenever I try it says 'no availability'. Bizarrely I can book for 3 people but not for 2, which is very frustrating. The sushi restaurant has just come up this week, which I could book but to be honest sushi doesn't interest me that much. Excursions however aren't showing at all which is also frustrating as I'd like to be making plans.

• Like 1

Dead excited!! :🙃 just booked the Explorer 2 on 4th May to Adriatic - looking forward to seeing the excursion for Venice!!  Can't wait.   

Any tips/hints for the Adriatic Affair cruise - please feel free to respond 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Sue

On 3/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, Rebel Rouser said:

Good Question. I'm off in June on the maiden Voyager and the trips are not showing yet.

We,ll be on Voyager in October and excursions are available to book now but speciality dining is not available 🤔

12 hours ago, Daftie said:

Dead excited!! :🙃 just booked the Explorer 2 on 4th May to Adriatic - looking forward to seeing the excursion for Venice!!  Can't wait.   

Any tips/hints for the Adriatic Affair cruise - please feel free to respond 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Sue

Have done this itinerary a number of times,October last year the most recent,its  one of our favourites..Having done Venice twice before at  the times when you sailed into Venice .With it being Trieste(industrial berthed) for Venice we gave it a miss due to travelling distance from Trieste to Venice

We are very much do your own thing type cruisers so didn,t do any organised excursions as the stops are easy done on your own

Tip-Make sure your up on deck for Kotor sail in,wonderful

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I found I had to log out and log back in to see the excursions. We are going June 20th and have booked all the excursions we need. Dining does not seem to be available for us yet though.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, Jim The Scot said:

Have done this itinerary a number of times,October last year the most recent,its  one of our favourites..Having done Venice twice before at  the times when you sailed into Venice .With it being Trieste(industrial berthed) for Venice we gave it a miss due to travelling distance from Trieste to Venice

We are very much do your own thing type cruisers so didn,t do any organised excursions as the stops are easy done on your own

Tip-Make sure your up on deck for Kotor sail in,wonderful

Enjoy your cruise

Good to hear its one of your favourites....... I think we may do our own thing..... thanks for the reply!! 🙂

On 3/23/2023 at 10:56 AM, Jim The Scot said:

Your welcome Daftie

If you have never done Venice its worth looking at an excursion for that one

Sure you,ll have a belter of a time no matter

Hi Jim the Scot 

Do you think the excursion for Venice from Trieste would be worth it - 2 hours travel each way but a few hours in Venice?  Cant make mind up - but we cannot fly to Venice from Newcastle so it may be our only chance?  Any views/thoughts very welcome :):) Looking forward to it 🙂

Hi Daftie,

Its difficult to answer that as it depends how much you want to visit the place.Its somewhere we had always wanted to visit

and as I said previously we,ve been fortunate to have done it  twice but thats when TUI/Marella docked in Venice. So much to see and do and a great experience

If we hadn,t done it previously and were faced with a 4hr round trip from trieste for a few hours would we do it?I really dont know

No help I know 😆

6 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Hi Daftie,

Its difficult to answer that as it depends how much you want to visit the place.Its somewhere we had always wanted to visit

and as I said previously we,ve been fortunate to have done it  twice but thats when TUI/Marella docked in Venice. So much to see and do and a great experience

If we hadn,t done it previously and were faced with a 4hr round trip from trieste for a few hours would we do it?I really dont know

No help I know 😆

Ha ha 🙂 its me being so indecisive - would love to see Venice so perhaps the longer trip is worth while as we may not go back..... will see if any more answers before our cruise as we have some time! 🙂  Either way its so lovely to have a cruise to look forward too!   Thanks for your help thought - much appreciated!

Venice is a beautiful city and well worth visiting.   However, like Jim, we've been able to visit on previous cruises.   All I can say is that I'm so glad we visited when we did. You would need a few hours to walk round,  if you think you have long enough then I'd go for it while you face the opportunity. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 4:19 PM, dronnygirl said:

Venice is a beautiful city and well worth visiting.   However, like Jim, we've been able to visit on previous cruises.   All I can say is that I'm so glad we visited when we did. You would need a few hours to walk round,  if you think you have long enough then I'd go for it while you face the opportunity. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated! 🙂

21 hours ago, Daftie said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated! 🙂

If you don't go you will always regret it, it's such a wonderful city particularly just to walk round we can recommend a cafe, just walk over the rialto bridge and its the first on the left, cheaper than the square and much better view. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

If you don't go you will always regret it, it's such a wonderful city particularly just to walk round we can recommend a cafe, just walk over the rialto bridge and its the first on the left, cheaper than the square and much better view. 

Enjoy. 

thanks - think you are right 🙂

41 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Enjoy. 

I’ve been in two minds whether to book this excursion because it’s such a long day. However, as I was only 14 the last time I was in Venice, I think I really need to go.