My side-to-side from the Oasis to the Grandeur

pcur

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What was that area previously🤔

Public areas.  C&A lounge, Next Cruise, some other stuff.  It has been quite a while since they converted.  Oh, on Enchantment specifically, that's where Royal's first Concierge Lounge was.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pcur said:

Be proactive. I'm on my second consecutive side-to-side, and learning as I go.  Go to Customer Service on Day 1 and ask about the complimentary transfer.  They will notify the Transportation Coordinator to check on it.  Go back on Day 3 if you haven't received any information.  

Ask for specifics:  what is the transportation service used, so you can look for it.  Find a pier coordinator ( the person with the clipboard).  

On the Oasis my luggage tag was one of the last: 75. Easy to find my luggage, too.  I was off the ship by 9:30, had some issues finding the right shuttle, but was at the dock for the new ship by 10:30.

While I think I know the answer to my question, but I figured I'd ask you anyways. We're doing a um.....hmmm....I suppose a "side to side" in May, however it's the Harmony to the Carnival Celebration. I have to think this complimentary transfer you mentioned is for RCI to RCI cruises?

7 hours ago, bar1068 said:

While I think I know the answer to my question, but I figured I'd ask you anyways. We're doing a um.....hmmm....I suppose a "side to side" in May, however it's the Harmony to the Carnival Celebration. I have to think this complimentary transfer you mentioned is for RCI to RCI cruises?

My understanding that the transfer shuttle is handled by the port authority.  The customer service desk just helps arrange your spot.  They cycle through about every 30 minutes and are not well marked. It was free for us this past year.

Edited by nimbex1970

I don't think I will ever cruise on Grandeur again. 

She is the oldest ship in the entire fleet and showing her age. 

The Jr. Suite bathtub was the grossest thing I've ever seen. The ship doesn't have a lot to offer and should be scrapped IMO. She's not as bad as Empress but getting there -- YMMV

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

The best cruise I ever had was on the Grandeur.  I would happily sail her again. Have just been too busy hitting the Oasis class, then WOS, but I miss her.

It was our first ever Royal Caribbean cruise,  a Balearic Island cruise. Loved it 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

My understanding that the transfer shuttle is handled by the port authority.  The customer service desk just helps arrange your spot.  They cycle through about every 30 minutes and are not well marked. It was free for us this past year.

Interesting. I've tried doing searches and exploring sites related to the POM and have not seen this, but will look harder after seeing these posts. Thanks.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:24 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I NEVER book that far forward on Vision class ships.  🙂 

By the time my sis offered to take me on a 10 day cruise at her expense, and I needed a "bridge" cruise between the Oasis and the Vision with her, this cabin I have on the Grandeur was about all I could get.  

16 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

The Port Authority might have made the arrangements, but the cruise line has the list of passengers for the side-by-side transfer, and they are out on the dock coordinating passengers, too.

• Thanks 1