360 Experience

Notalotofinfo

We did 360 last week on Enchanted.  It was a perfect experience.  I loved that it felt special with an invitation issued because we were suite guests, though judging by excited posts on the facebook group throughout the cruise, others were also invited.  Someone was even pulled from a line at another restaurant to fill a last minute vacancy.  The whole set up worked to make it feel serendipitous and magical.  I would happily pay quite a bit to do this experience again, but I'm not sure it would feel quite the same to simply reserve it rather than excitedly hope to be included.  

The personalization and the story, plus the amazing service, really made this a top notch experience.  In addition, the food was very creative and very good.  It felt special to share this with such a limited number of people, all of whom were excited to be there.

Princess has a real winner here, and they are planning to constantly tweak and update it, which should make it fun to repeat on future sailings. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Did they allow people to shoot videos during the meal. I haven't seen any photos or videos taken so far.

I believe you have to agree not to discuss details on social media

30 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Did they allow people to shoot videos during the meal. I haven't seen any photos or videos taken so far.

They encouraged photos and asked us to post with a 360 hashtag. I searched and didn’t find many such posts on the social media I use, so didn’t actually do this, though I may yet. 

I don’t remember about video. Honestly, the experience was so immersive I think one would miss out if focused on recording. I did keep the “live” function on for my iPhone photos so I could show friends some of the cool effects in motion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

We were encouraged to share, but I suspect many do not want to spoil the experience. All the surprises were part of the fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

No, you don't.  They just ask attendees to put any phones or recording devices away for the duration of the experience.  The hashtag 360, you are encouraged to post pictures taken prior to the meal in front of the backdrop adjacent to the Piazza.

1 hour ago, Fa-Li said:

We were encouraged to share, but I suspect many do not want to spoil the experience. All the surprises were part of the fun. 

Who was your host?  Which 360 Experience manager was named on your invitation?

4 minutes ago, that said:

Thank you but 

my question is

which manager encouraged sharing

per Fa-Li

Gotcha.  We were encouraged to share the hashtag on social media too, along with our pre-dinner drinks and pictures, but none of the details to keep it a special experience for others. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

Gotcha.  We were encouraged to share the hashtag on social media too, along with our pre-dinner drinks and pictures, but none the details to keep it a special experience for others. 

Exactly our experience

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, you don't.  They just ask attendees to put any phones or recording devices away for the duration of the experience.  The hashtag 360, you are encouraged to post pictures taken prior to the meal in front of the backdrop adjacent to the Piazza.

Our friends just attended the 360 on the Enchanted and they weren't told a word about cameras  except to silence their phones.

So,  he recorded the whole event from entering to leaving including all the food and drinks with the video playing on the circular screen the whole time.

They didn't receive a written invitation but were just randomly selected that same evening on the way to dinner. If they didn't want photos or videos they surely would have said not to at some point during the 2 hour meal. 

I'm not sure if he intends on posting it on YouTube or Facebook at this time but he's  still editing it. From what I've seen so far it looks like a fun event. 

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Our friends just attended the 360 on the Enchanted and they weren't told a word about cameras  except to silence their phones.

So,  he recorded the whole event from entering to leaving including all the food and drinks with the video playing on the circular screen the whole time.

They didn't receive a written invitation but were just randomly selected that same evening on the way to dinner. If they didn't want photos or videos they surely would have said not to at some point during the 2 hour meal. 

I'm not sure if he intends on posting it on YouTube or Facebook at this time but he's  still editing it. From what I've seen so far it looks like a fun event. 

Nice way to ruin it for future attendees.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, that said:

@Fa-Li 

which 360 experience host did you have?

what was the name of the 360 manager on your invitation?

We had Johannes (sp?). He was wonderful. Tbh I’m not sure if maybe he meant only share photos from before entering. But we all took pictures inside. The waitstaff even paused and held bottles of wine so we could get good photos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did 360 a couple of weeks ago on Discovery and Magdalena was our host, it was a truly fantastic experience and the highlight of our cruise.

Part of the fun of 360 is not knowing what will happen next… where the journey will take you.  Guests were asked not to spoil the surprises for others, hopefully people will continue to see the value of not giving away too many details.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

We had Johannes (sp?). He was wonderful. Tbh I’m not sure if maybe he meant only share photos from before entering. But we all took pictures inside. The waitstaff even paused and held bottles of wine so we could get good photos. 

10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I saw a photo someone posted and unfortunately almost everyone in the photo had their camera in their hand taking photos.  

It's seem similar to videos being taken at the production shows. They do allow photo's to be taken, only not using a flash.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There are some video clips on an instagram post by the Princess ED Duke Christopher (duke_ed). If you scroll through his 360 post then it will show some short clips of the experience.

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

No.  You are asked to put any phones or recording devices away for the duration of the experience. 

We went during the Feb. 17th Enchanted cruise, and we were not to take pictures and to turn off our phones.  We talked to passengers who went during the Feb. 27th cruise, and they were encouraged to take pictures.  

If you go to Princess.com there is a link to the 360 which gives lots of info on it.  Also, I found Brook Shields' journal on the website in January.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FritzG said:

We went during the Feb. 17th Enchanted cruise, and we were not to take pictures and to turn off our phones.  We talked to passengers who went during the Feb. 27th cruise, and they were encouraged to take pictures.  

If you go to Princess.com there is a link to the 360 which gives lots of info on it.  Also, I found Brook Shields' journal on the website in January.

Looks like the pictures and videos are all coming from the Enchanted after your cruise. Yes, we had the same instructions on Discovery. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I saw a photo someone posted and unfortunately almost everyone in the photo had their camera in their hand taking photos.  

Looks like this is recent on the Enchanted. 

When attending on Discovery, we put away our phones when asked for the duration of the experience.  

• Like 1