How are the Swans doing 2023

Thanks for posting Mic.

I am watching the Bombers-Suns game. It's nice when they start early down under--I have half a chance of staying awake 😉

Seems like the Swans have the game well in hand 🤞

Go Swans!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for posting Mic.

I am watching the Bombers-Suns game. It's nice when they start early down under--I have half a chance of staying awake 😉

Seems like the Swans have the game well in hand 🤞

Go Swans!

Yes, they are smashing it now.

Swans 13.11 (89) leading the Hawks 2.9 (21) 3/4 quarter time.

Of all the 80 points win I have seen... that was certainly one of them.

It's a bit hard to gauge because Hawthorn were SO BAD. They are basically rebuilding from scratch so they won't be competitive for a couple of years.  Yes, it's pleasing to be top of the ladder with a percentage of 232 (!!!) but to be fair, the Swans haven't played any real teams yet.  The real challenge starts this week with Melbourne at the MCG, which should be a good test and give us a better idea how these teams are placed.

Collingwood are looking fantastic this year too. Will be interesting.

• Haha 1

Thanks Docker for posting the score!

In a minor miracle, the game was on TV here, even at a reasonable time! I watched the 1st Q, decided I was too sleepy to watch--and the Swans weren't looking that good. Checked back in just before 4Q and the Swans were still losing--no scoring frenzy happened, so I gave up and went back to sleep.

I sure hope this was just a bad night, the Swans looked terrible. Buddy may be feeling his age, finally scored but hasn't been a good start for him.

Better luck next week???😄

ML

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks Docker for posting the score!

In a minor miracle, the game was on TV here, even at a reasonable time! I watched the 1st Q, decided I was too sleepy to watch--and the Swans weren't looking that good. Checked back in just before 4Q and the Swans were still losing--no scoring frenzy happened, so I gave up and went back to sleep.

I sure hope this was just a bad night, the Swans looked terrible. Buddy may be feeling his age, finally scored but hasn't been a good start for him.

Better luck next week???😄

ML

Rob and James were at the game and both thought Buddy is not doing enough.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, losfp said:

The real challenge starts this week with Melbourne at the MCG, which should be a good test and give us a better idea how these teams are placed.

Well we definitely learnt a thing or two.  Just got outplayed by a better side on the day. We'll learn from it and see what happens. Would rather get a rude wakeup call in round 3 than round 23, that's for sure.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 10:57 PM, possum52 said:

Rob and James were at the game and both thought Buddy is not doing enough.

Yes, I thought about your family when I saw who the Swans were playing. I was pretty sure at least  some would be at the game!

I think the game announcers said the same. Buddy is getting up there, may not have enough left to compete with the younger guys. I hope he turns it around and has a good season but he is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. I'll miss him.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 7:30 AM, losfp said:

Well we definitely learnt a thing or two.  Just got outplayed by a better side on the day. We'll learn from it and see what happens. Would rather get a rude wakeup call in round 3 than round 23, that's for sure.

I think that's a true and fair assessment. Good thing it's still early and we have time to recover, as you noted.

Go Swans!

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Article in The Age today.  Says Swans are too focussed on Buddy, who is not quite up to it.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-s-buddy-problem-20230404-p5cxya.html

Thanks for that link Docker. I don't know nearly as much as you and the others here, but even I thought while I watched the game that the Swans were going to Buddy too much. Maybe if they used him more strategically, it could extend his play for this season??

Go Swans!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the scores Mic. In a minor miracle, the Swans game was on TV here. I watched the beginning of the game but fell asleep. What I saw, the Swans were having a tough time scoring.

It sounds like it ended up a great game, too bad the Swans lost 😞

Go Swans!