How are the Swans doing 2023

Unfortunately for the Kangas, they had one too many interchange subs and the Swans were awarded a free kick in their forward line which resulted in a goal - that was where the ball was at the time of the infringement.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:35 PM, Kristelle said:

they look to me to be doing similar to Crows in 2018 - ie make the GF year before like we did in 2017, lose it in poor game and then crash the year after.

I think this is our crash year 😉

On 5/20/2023 at 12:29 AM, possum52 said:

Final scores -  Kangas 14.6.90 defeated by Swans  14.9.93

Kangas hit the lead in the last quarter and Swans regained it with about 40 seconds to go.

Thanks for posting Leigh. Yay, Swans win!!

Of course, now that they win I couldn't watch the game. Life is so unfair 😄

Go Swans!

• Like 1

Man I haven't been in this thread in a few weeks - been as busy as the Swans have been terrible. Of course, the many injuries haven't helped at all. But I don't think we're featuring in finals this year. The Grand Final curse strikes again.

Still plenty of time to string a couple of wins together and build some confidence for 2024, so let's see.

4 hours ago, losfp said:

Man I haven't been in this thread in a few weeks - been as busy as the Swans have been terrible. Of course, the many injuries haven't helped at all. But I don't think we're featuring in finals this year. The Grand Final curse strikes again.

Still plenty of time to string a couple of wins together and build some confidence for 2024, so let's see.

I bolded the good part--great description!

GF curse indeed. And, we will see. I'd say it's a long season but I'm not sure that's a good thing!

Go Swans!

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

Final - Swans 11.11.77 d Blues 6.15.51

I'm happy they won. The game was on TV here--at 3:30 am! I never woke up to watch, so I was glad too my emails with the message that they won. Maybe they can turn things around. The Dees game will be on later tonight but I'm pretty sure I'll be asleep!

Thanks for posting Leigh.

Go Swans!

• Like 3

There's a couple of early front-runners, but as MC says, it's a long season and anything can happen before finals. Usually it's the teams that are in a rich vein of form over the last month, month and a half are best placed, as long as they've banked enough points earlier on to finish high up on the ladder.

Geelong and Sydney are both well off the pace after facing off in the grand final last year, but you wouldn't write either of them off just yet (though to be fair, as a Swans fan, I firmly believe our season has been too disrupted by injuries to seriously challenge as one of the top teams this year)

It was a much-needed win against Carlton, but IMO it had as much to do with Carlton throwing the match away than the Swans showing a huge amount of improvement. Still, you take them where you can and move on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

the season is relatively early still, a long way to go before finals, injuries can be cruel and ruin a team chances despite early form.

Yes, true.

I did say Adelaide Crows are a chance for finals, by no means a certainty. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

@NoWhiners I am in the USA at the moment can you tell how do I find out if the Swans game on 8 June is telecast somewhere.

Thanks

Hi Cruisegroover

Welcome to the USA. The games are covered by Fox Sports 2 mostly, but sometimes Fox Sports 1, and even once in awhile on ESPN. You can check AFL schedules by using Google. I just tried and the Swans don't look to be on that day 😞

But, you should check for yourself. I don't usually check until the nights they will play here. I am in the Mountain Time zone, so the games are on at either 10:30 pm or 3:00 am, approximately.

Where will you be? If you are in a big enough city, and the games aren't on in the wee hours of the morning, you might find them at a local bar. Unlikely, unless you are on the US east coast.

I will keep an eye out and post as soon as I see what will be on for that day.

I hope you enjoy your visit and if I can be of any help, be sure and ask,

Go Swans!

ML

PS: Any chance you will be in Albuquerque??

Edited by NoWhiners
typos

On 5/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, NoWhiners said:

I'm glad someone's teams are winning big. I'm jealous 😉

ML, the Swans have a bye this round so won't be playing until Thurday 8th June at 7.10pm.

15 hours ago, possum52 said:

ML, the Swans have a bye this round so won't be playing until Thurday 8th June at 7.10pm.

Thanks Leigh. That would have driven me crazy, not knowing why I couldn't find them 😉

On 6/2/2023 at 9:42 PM, NoWhiners said:

Hi Cruisegroover

Welcome to the USA. The games are covered by Fox Sports 2 mostly, but sometimes Fox Sports 1, and even once in awhile on ESPN. You can check AFL schedules by using Google. I just tried and the Swans don't look to be on that day 😞

But, you should check for yourself. I don't usually check until the nights they will play here. I am in the Mountain Time zone, so the games are on at either 10:30 pm or 3:00 am, approximately.

Where will you be? If you are in a big enough city, and the games aren't on in the wee hours of the morning, you might find them at a local bar. Unlikely, unless you are on the US east coast.

I will keep an eye out and post as soon as I see what will be on for that day.

I hope you enjoy your visit and if I can be of any help, be sure and ask,

Go Swans!

ML

PS: Any chance you will be in Albuquerque??

Thanks for the info. I am in Nashville this week for CMA after spending the last 2 weeks touring the beautiful national parts (loved Zion).

I searched Fox Sports 1 have found a replay will be Saturday morning only. So will watch that.

• Like 1