Mariner Specialty Restaurant Discount

JeannineWW

New 4 Star Mariner here.  I believe that gives a 50% discount on specialty restaurants.  I tried  to make an online Tamarind reservation for an upcoming cruise, but the HAL app wanted to charge me full price.  When is the discount applied?  Also,  if I book before the cruise, will the fee will be charged to my credit card?

19 minutes ago, JeannineWW said:

New 4 Star Mariner here.  I believe that gives a 50% discount on specialty restaurants.  I tried  to make an online Tamarind reservation for an upcoming cruise, but the HAL app wanted to charge me full price.  When is the discount applied?  Also,  if I book before the cruise, will the fee will be charged to my credit card?

Yes, HAL will charge the full price to your credit card and you will get 50% back as OBC onboard.  But make sure you watch your statement to be sure you get it.  We usually have no problem, but it does happen.

Enjoy your 4-star perks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
Just now, Suzanne123 said:

I already have quite a bit of non-refundable OBC.  Will the credit for dining be refundable ( back to my credit card)? Thanks.

Nonrefundable OBC is used first for onboard purchases . If you paid for the dinner with a credit card, the 50% credit will appear as refundable OBC. If not used on the cruise it will be credited to your credit card

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you book Specialty Restaurants online at full price and wish to use non-refundable OBC, Guest Services can return your prepaid Specialty Restaurant payments to your refundable OBC.  Guest Services is not able to cancel reservations only refund payments.  When you go to the Specialty Restaurant at your reserved time for dinner, the charge will be to your non-refundable OBC.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 9:07 PM, Crew News said:

If you book Specialty Restaurants online at full price and wish to use non-refundable OBC, Guest Services can return your prepaid Specialty Restaurant payments to your refundable OBC.  Guest Services is not able to cancel reservations only refund payments.  When you go to the Specialty Restaurant at your reserved time for dinner, the charge will be to your non-refundable OBC.

Hi Crews News

We plan to do this on our April cruise as we have large non refundable OBC

So I am clear:

Step 1) go to Guest Services and ask them to refund all of our specialty restaurant pre-payments to our card (we have six for our three week cruise)

Step 2) show up at the restaurant at our assigned time (as reservation is still active) and they charge the meal to our room and the non-refundable credit is used up first. Question: if we are four star will they automatically charge 50%? 

As always thanks ! 

4 minutes ago, redbanshee said:

Hi Crews News

We plan to do this on our April cruise as we have large non refundable OBC

So I am clear:

Step 1) go to Guest Services and ask them to refund all of our specialty restaurant pre-payments to our card (we have six for our three week cruise)

Step 2) show up at the restaurant at our assigned time (as reservation is still active) and they charge the meal to our room and the non-refundable credit is used up first. Question: if we are four star will they automatically charge 50%? 

As always thanks ! 

You are correct. 

The prepaid refunds go to your "refundable" OBC account, and if not used, then back to your card at the end of the cruise.  The restaurant knows you are a 4-Star Mariner but you can remind your waiter when your dessert is delivered.

This refund option was a godsend last October when 200 passengers on my B2B were going to be delayed for two days in Fort Lauderdale on our segment segment and we all received $450 "non-refundable" OBC with only 8 days to spend it.  We kept the Front Desk busy for a few days getting refunds for our Specialty Dining and on our laptops cancelling prepaid internet, wine packages, etc. for our second B2B segment.  

• Like 1