Oasis of the Seas, British Plug

I don’t remember seeing an outlet for UK adapters, only standard two prong EU outlets. If you look at a CLS video on YouTube, there is a TA (Danny) that always points out outlets. 

B8816D2B-8915-4EC0-89FE-1A6823F109D3.jpeg

Edited by Boz575

4 hours ago, icsys said:

Only North American (110v) and European (240v) outlets on cruise ships.

(USB on newer ships)

It is too bad they put in USB-A  when all our devices are USB-C or are going to be USB-C. I bring and adapter so I can use the European outlet with my US plugs.

Thank you all, very much appreciated. I looked at Harr travel video of the Crown Loft Suite, but his logo was over the outlet part of the video, Ugh! I also have a 4 USB plug, but I thought I may be able to use both. 

I knew someone on here would be able to answer, again, thank you!

Have a great day, and whenever your next cruise is enjoy.

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is too bad they put in USB-A  when all our devices are USB-C or are going to be USB-C. I bring and adapter so I can use the European outlet with my US plugs.

Baby steps. A to C adapters are tiny and cheap.

Screenshot_20230308-213901_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.59bea38d6e3c89762bc2ec20405c6d54.jpg

And of couse I sill use a 30 pin Ipod connector. Allure may have them still

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Baby steps. A to C adapters are tiny and cheap.

Screenshot_20230308-213901_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.59bea38d6e3c89762bc2ec20405c6d54.jpg

And of couse I sill use a 30 pin Ipod connector. Allure may have them still

How many watts do you think those USB ports output. The original USB was 5 watts. I would guess the ones installed on Oasis are 10 watts. My phone can fast charge at 27 watts so I use a 30 watt charger when I want to fast charge. I doubt if I will be using those USB ports to charge anything in the future. I will use the mains and a charger. I can all three outlets and with fast charging the devices I have charge fast. I was happy to have those ports a few years ago but time moves on. 

Edited by Charles4515

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

How many watts do you think those USB ports output. The original USB was 5 watts. I would guess the ones installed on Oasis are 10 watts. My phone can fast charge at 27 watts so I use a 30 watt charger when I want to fast charge. I doubt if I will be using those USB ports to charge anything in the future. I will use the mains and a charger. I can all three outlets and with fast charging the devices I have charge fast. I was happy to have those ports a few years ago but time moves on. 

No idea, I'll use it to recharge my battery pack

12 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

Is there an outlet for a British Plug in the CLS on Oasis? Thank you in advance. Picture of the plug i have is attached.

IMG-3393.JPG

No - only USA/European plugs on all RCI ships. Suggest you use the European outlets as they charge faster. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, little britain said:

No - only USA/European plugs on all RCI ships. Suggest you use the European outlets as they charge faster. 

I never thought of that. Will need to test next week on Oasis. Thanks

16 minutes ago, maggieq said:

What are the best adapters to buy for use in Europe (from US)? Thanks!

Got this bad boy in Copenhagen, but no USB.

20230309_081414.thumb.jpg.532a36beb6440d4b39d79dc0ec7ffdd7.jpg

As mentioned earlier, much cheaper to get before you need it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

They charge our UK phones etc much faster then the USA plug. 

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Your charger and phone determine how fast your phones charge. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I never thought of that. Will need to test next week on Oasis. Thanks

40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The charger will cut the current in half and power will be the same. 220v won’t charge electronics any faster. 

Your phone does not care what power is put into the charger, just what comes out of the charger.  This wattage is fixed by the charger design, from 5v and 1 amp (5 watt) to 20v and 5 amp (100 watt).  This is determined by the circuitry of the charger, and is not affected by the charger input power.  And, as noted, since wattage is determined by voltage, current, and resistance, and since the resistance of the charger circuit does not change when you switch from a 110v outlet to a 220v outlet, that means that when you double the voltage (220v from 110v), you halve the current.  This is a known phenomenon of electrical circuits, and why many countries outside the US use 220v power, because for the same appliance, you use less current at the higher voltage, and less current means less chance of electrocution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3