Thank You

zqvol

:) Hi well i will be going solo for the first time on the Empress of the seas doing an 11 southen Caribbean cruise out of San Juan 2/26/07.Myself wife have been on 65 cruises and my 2 boys 14 & 16 have been on 20 cruises with us. Been cruising for 26 years .

A great deal came up on the Empress of the seas ,but my wife can"t take off that time and my sons have sports and can't take them out of school that long !! So i will be going solo for the first time .It feels a little funny ,but i know i'll have a great time .I'll be turning 50 this Dec. and i'm retied now .So if i like going solo i may go a few times a year now by myself .I'm very outgoing and get along with most everyone i met on our cruises !! The deal i got on ther Empress is $1500 with all port taxs inc..Been on RCCI 15 time so i got round trip non stop air both ways from Newark to San juan !! And it's an 11 day cruise :D

I will more or lest do the same things i do with my faimly .But it will feel funny going back to the cabin by myself at night .I'm alway up early doing my waking around the deck watching the sum coming up . .My family like to sleep in . Only two sea day on this cruise love the ports she's doing .Been on her 2 times when she was the Nordic Empress .One ? i ask for a big table . Do you think there may be singles on that table ?

:cool: Mr Veendam

Empress of the seas 2/26/07 11 day southen Caribbean cruise

Regal Empress 8/21/07 a 2 day reuion cruise with friends

Liberty of the seas 8/25/07 7 day W.Caribbean

Tahitian Princess 8/08 south Pacific cruise

:) Hi well i will be going solo for the first time on the Empress of the seas doing an 11 southen Caribbean cruise out of San Juan 2/26/07.Myself wife have been on 65 cruises and my 2 boys 14 & 16 have been on 20 cruises with us. Been cruising for 26 years .

A great deal came up on the Empress of the seas ,but my wife can"t take off that time and my sons have sports and can't take them out of school that long !! So i will be going solo for the first time .It feels a little funny ,but i know i'll have a great time .I'll be turning 50 this Dec. and i'm retied now .So if i like going solo i may go a few times a year now by myself .I'm very outgoing and get along with most everyone i met on our cruises !! The deal i got on ther Empress is $1500 with all port taxs inc..Been on RCCI 15 time so i got round trip non stop air both ways from Newark to San juan !! And it's an 11 day cruise :D

I will more or lest do the same things i do with my faimly .But it will feel funny going back to the cabin by myself at night .I'm alway up early doing my waking around the deck watching the sum coming up . .My family like to sleep in . Only two sea day on this cruise love the ports she's doing .Been on her 2 times when she was the Nordic Empress .One ? i ask for a big table . Do you think there may be singles on that table ?

Empress of the seas 2/26/07 11 day southen Caribbean cruise

Regal Empress 8/21/07 a 2 day reuion cruise with friends

Liberty of the seas 8/25/07 7 day W.Caribbean

Tahitian Princess 8/08 south Pacific cruise

Hi,:) you seem to know all the ins and outs of cruising so

this should be great....as to your dining question.....I ALWAYS

request a large table. I don't care if there are other singles

there though. I am like you, very outgoing and I LOVE to cruise.

So, yes, I would request a large table. IF...IF......for some

reason you are not happy with the choice, after the first evening

go see the Maitr'd~Pronto, and ask him for a change.

Enjoy your cruise:)

:) Hi thanks i'm reeling looking forward to this cruise .I think a big reson why i taking it is that we met and maid a lot of friends who were solo on cruises we have taken .They had a great time !! We still see friends we met on our first cruise back in 1981 on the Home lines Oceanic out of NYC to Bermuda & Nassau .:)

Hi everyone:

Since this thread seems to have become the de facto general discussion space for solo cruisers I thought I would simply log on here and post a big "Happy Thanksgiving!" message. :D

Although I have not (yet) met any of you, I consider you fellow solo cruisers to be part of my extended family. So regardless whether you are doing today as a solo holiday or not, here's a family member wishing you a great day!

Best,

Paul

I just returned from a Solo on the Dawn (Cruise before the VA stop), was great! I came across other solos who were having just as much fun as I was, some said they read these threads but don't post for whatever reason. Time to send a note asking the cruise lines to sell "Solo" T's or Caps so we know who's who. Happy sails to all...

Hi everyone:

Since this thread seems to have become the de facto general discussion space for solo cruisers I thought I would simply log on here and post a big "Happy Thanksgiving!" message. :D

Although I have not (yet) met any of you, I consider you fellow solo cruisers to be part of my extended family. So regardless whether you are doing today as a solo holiday or not, here's a family member wishing you a great day!

Best,

Paul

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BACK AT YOU PAUL:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a regular solo cruiser - loking forward to my ninth on Noordam Jan 17 out of New York. Holand America is far and away the best - service, food, convivial passengers (I've long outgrown the "Spring break" atmosphere on Carnival, and do not like Norwegian's "Freestyle" - it leads to too much informality (verging on sloppiness in dress and conduct), plus, being seated at a large table gives a group for regular contact -- if first dinner does not go well, you can always ask for re-assignment.

I've done single share a couple of times - once was tough as waking/sleeping habits and general approach did not mesh - once I was lucky - unmatched, I had the cabin to myself at share price. It is worth paying a single supplement for comfort, relaxation and privacy.

"Singles" cruises seem grim -- I'm delighted to meet people, but prefer a more natural atmosphere -- have made some good friends -- (and remember with fondness a couple of mutually enjoyable dalliances).

While not particularly outgoing , I enjoy meeting new people -- and am not afraid of spending portions of the time alone.

Bring a good book -- or use the library, participate in the activities which interest you (but do not force yourself into uninteresting activities just to meet people) have a good time, be yourself, and be open to meeting others -- solo cruising is the ideal way to achieve the purpose of a vacation -- to recreate yourself.

Archived