Teens using fitness center

poppy jalopy

Just now, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

16 and older are good.  15 and below are not even allowed in fitness centere.

AGE POLICIES

FACILITY AGE REQUIREMENT
Splash Academy Ages 3-17, with age specific sections. Very limited exceptions for age bumping 3 -12 year olds. Freestyle Free Play time slots allows friends and siblings to play together.
Pools ** Guests must be fully toilet trained to enter the pools or hot tubs. Therefore, guests in diapers, pull-ups or swimmers may not use the pools or hot tubs, even if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Hot Tubs ** Under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Guests must be fully toilet trained to enter the pools or hot tubs. Therefore, guests in diapers, pull-ups or swimmers may not use the pools or hot tubs, even if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Drinking Age 18-20 for beer and wine (with parent consent) 21 for all alcoholic beverages.
Fitness Center (Gym) Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the Fitness Centers.
  • Thanks 1

One time I was wearing a knee length t-shirt dress and sneakers....treading away on the treadmill.  I was asked to leave because I was not wearing appropriate attire.  Seriously?  How many times have a seen people in sandals exercising....but that's ok?

Hmmmm....maybe he thought I was under 16!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

One time I was wearing a knee length t-shirt dress and sneakers....treading away on the treadmill.  I was asked to leave because I was not wearing appropriate attire.  Seriously?  How many times have a seen people in sandals exercising....but that's ok?

Hmmmm....maybe he thought I was under 16!

That is weird, I used to belong to a women’s gym locally with a lot of Jewish women who wore long skirts to exercise.

34 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

That is weird, I used to belong to a women’s gym locally with a lot of Jewish women who wore long skirts to exercise.

NCL enforcing rules is weird.....

I was just about done....otherwise I would have elevated this to the manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheycallmeFlip said:

I wish that they enforced this on the Pearl last summer.  There were a bunch of kids running around the fitness center a few times when I went to workout.  Although they were with an adult, they were unsupervised.

That also goes for the pools and hot tubs.  We were in the Haven where teens and tweens were in the small pools with nary an adult in sight.  

35 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Hot tubs are the day care of cruising!! 😎

Welp, count me as a hot tub resident! 

16 minutes ago, sharonann24 said:

That also goes for the pools and hot tubs.  We were in the Haven where teens and tweens were in the small pools with nary an adult in sight.  

I just jump in the hot tub. The kids leave pretty quickly after I get in. And no, I'm not inappropriate. Just the presence of a fat, hairy, old man is enough to make them get out. In the slight possibility they don't leave, we have nice conversation. I worked for the Boy Scouts for eight years, managed youth volunteers in Yellowstone, and was an administrator at a K-8 school for a few years, so I do know how to get along with kids.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2