Yet another CocoCay question

3 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

So, we will be there (on Freedom) along with Liberty, so we will be on the island with almost 9k of our closest friends.

Liberty 

Passenger Capacity

Freedom

Passenger Capacity 4,375

Perhaps, not quite 9K people.

we were there with Indy and Harmony - we found a nice spot for 5 people, and we didn't even get off the ship anywhere near "right away", and we first went to chill island for a bit, and then moved to breezy bay.

2 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

So, we will be there (on Freedom) along with Liberty, so we will be on the island with almost 9k of our closest friends... and both ships are scheduled to arrive at 7am.  Am I nuts for thinking, if I want chairs in a specific location, we need to be off the ship as fast as possible?

Is there a better option?  Like, would Coco Beach Club feel less like we're in a massive crowd of people?

I just looked at a site showing which ships are in port on given days.  It seems that MOST DAYS only one ship is in port.  I don't think a mega-ship was ever in port with another ship.  

I was at Coco Cay with Independence and Liberty, and it was not crowded.  

5 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I just looked at a site showing which ships are in port on given days.  It seems that MOST DAYS only one ship is in port.  I don't think a mega-ship was ever in port with another ship.  

I was at Coco Cay with Independence and Liberty, and it was not crowded.  

It is quite common to have an oasis class ship with another ship at Coco cay the same day. We were on the allure with the mariner in June.  It did feel a bit crowded, mainly for beach chairs.  The pool didn’t feel as slammed

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Liberty 

Passenger Capacity

Freedom

Passenger Capacity 4,375

Perhaps, not quite 9K people.

we were there with Indy and Harmony - we found a nice spot for 5 people, and we didn't even get off the ship anywhere near "right away", and we first went to chill island for a bit, and then moved to breezy bay.

In all fairness, the website I was using to see who is in port, shows this... but either way, that's still a lot of people.

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 11.43.22 AM.png

On 3/9/2023 at 4:41 PM, suometar said:

First ime Royal cruisers here. We will be at Coco Cay next week Does RCL hand out that map or is it on some other site?

I found the maps at the shore excursion desk on the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

In all fairness, the website I was using to see who is in port, shows this... but either way, that's still a lot of people.

Some sites use the max passenger count while others use the 100% capacity number when listing ship capacities. Currently, ships are probably closer to 100% than max.