Times Subject to Daylight Hours?

jdub99

Does anyone know what this means?  It is listed on our itinerary for a stop in Stockholm where the hours are listed as 7:00-6:00PM.

I assume it means they may leave earlier than 6 if <something>?  Not sure what that something would be since sunrise/sunset times are fairly predictable.  

• Like 1

???????

It means that as of the time of the itinerary being set and published, time in Stockholm is estimated for  arrival at 7 AM and departure at 6 PM. 

The time  the ship will actually arrive  depends on many factors that day (weather, pilot availability, ship traffic, etc.). 

The time the ship will depart (may or may not be 6 PM depending on factors the day of the port call) will be given the day of the call.  Please note that all aboard time is earlier than the scheduled departure time.

There is also the possibility that the port may be cancelled or switched to another day.

Isn't that the case for all port stops though?  Does "daylight hours" mean something specific to HAL or is there something unusual about Stockholm that this is listed specifically for this port, and only this port out of the 9 stops on the cruise?

image.thumb.png.51f39ae8d2889b7a9d1ae203398976f4.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jdub99 said:

Isn't that the case for all port stops though?  Does "daylight hours" mean something specific to HAL or is there something unusual about Stockholm that this is listed specifically for this port, and only this port out of the 9 stops on the cruise?

image.thumb.png.51f39ae8d2889b7a9d1ae203398976f4.png

If the itinerary lists 'Cruising Stockholm Archipelago' then I believe that the ship may leave Stockholm early for the scenic cruising during daylight hours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

If the itinerary lists 'Cruising Stockholm Archipelago' then I believe that the ship may leave Stockholm early for the scenic cruising during daylight hours.

Correct. The scenic cruising through the archipelago takes a few hours, and is a spectacular ride. 
IIRC, on my first trip out we had a party on the bow around 4:30 (? not sure on the time). After everyone left I stayed out there until almost 8:00 when I had to get to dinner. We still had a way to go. 
One of the loveliest rides I have ever taken.  

• Like 2