Solstice: Pool questions

greenbeanie

Wondering a few things about Solstice pools -

How deep is Solarium pool?

Can one swim or do aqua aerobics in the Solarium pool (is it meant for people to relax in, and thus exercise is frowned on)?

Leads to the next question - how warm is the pool?  Heated for relaxing, and so too warm to work out in?

How deep are the outdoor pools?

Are they heated, say, for the Pacific Coast April 22 sailing?

I was in the solarium pool daily for 2 weeks in Jan. It was quite warm. It was chest deep in the deeper end. I exercised daily in it but was there about 7:20 am and usually only 2 to 4 people in it. One lady carried a thermometer in her cleavage and it was 90 to 92  ( she did give it time to cool down)😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, greenbeanie said:

Wondering a few things about Solstice pools -

How deep is Solarium pool?

Can one swim or do aqua aerobics in the Solarium pool (is it meant for people to relax in, and thus exercise is frowned on)?

Leads to the next question - how warm is the pool?  Heated for relaxing, and so too warm to work out in?

How deep are the outdoor pools?

Are they heated, say, for the Pacific Coast April 22 sailing?

We have found these pools quite warm, I see people doing a slow swim in them but never aerobics or fast swimming. The pools are normally for relaxing in and the ambience of the solarium is quite subdued and peaceful so people may not like too much splashing around in it. If you go early in the morning though you could probably get away with it.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on your sailing on the 22nd. I'll be at the Solarium pool to water walk. We have sailed Solstice twice in the past and there have been no issues with water walking. Of course, its good to pick less busy times.

I swam the equivalent of a mile (not slow) and it was fine.  I would have preferred it a little cooler but I never overheated in the water.  The depth was about 4'.  The pool was crystal clear but I did wear goggles b/c of the chemicals.  I swam as soon as the pool opened and was usually the only one in it and if someone else came in I just swam close to the side.

• Like 1

It’s around 3 ft in the shallow end and around 4 ft in the deep end. I was able to swim laps, do PT, and water aerobics. Sometimes I had to dodge other swimmers and teenagers hanging out. Other times, people were very respectful to basically take a lane, so others could exercise, too.  The pool was nowhere near 90 degrees the week I used it last month!! I’d guess 78/80ish. My friend was cold each time getting in. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, peanut head said:

I swam the equivalent of a mile (not slow) and it was fine.  I would have preferred it a little cooler but I never overheated in the water.  The depth was about 4'.  The pool was crystal clear but I did wear goggles b/c of the chemicals.  I swam as soon as the pool opened and was usually the only one in it and if someone else came in I just swam close to the side.

What are the hours of the solarium pool, if you recall? Thanks!