Premier Pass package

WVU-79

7 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

It was in one order.   I'm in one cabin with a teen and DH is in another cabin with a teen.  I had just selected both of us when I placed the order.   Although, someone mentioned that the $50 shows up per cabin so maybe I got two $50 OBC's and they just look the same.   I'll have to spend one and see if the other stays.   

So, we know there is a &50 OBC on your reservation.  So now you sign out. Then have your husband or son sign in.  See if there is $50 on that second reservation, too.

On 3/16/2023 at 2:53 PM, Starry Eyes said:

That’s why I choose not to prepay gratuities.  If perchance I don’t spend the OBC for other things or the other stuff is cancelled, the OBC will go toward gratuities.

I have just prepaid our gratuities (due to new higher rates) which I don't usually do, and now we have $100 for frivolous things like iced coffee and alcohol.

Clarifications: I had a $50 OBC to begin with.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

34 minutes ago, garywatson said:

Weird that it's still showing as booked in my reservation.  I wonder if they are going to cancel it at some point. I still see a Key on my seapass.

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 10.57.20 PM.png

What's your deal at this point?

I got the $50 obc. However, I never received any email apology. I never received a credit to my card for thr $88.99. My status in the planner still shows booked, like yours does. And my charge went from pending to charged days ago. If they don't credit me soon I will owe interest to Visa. I would like to cancel, but don’t want to loose the $50 obc. With air and hotels I have almost $7k in my trip, non of it refundable at this point, but we have actually had a talk aboutgiving up. The last thing we need is an aggravating disappointing experience. RoyalCaribbean has sucked any and all joy out of the pre cruise planning experience and excitement. Nothing but concerns about future aggravation remains.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryder101 said:

I got the $50 obc. However, I never received any email apology. I never received a credit to my card for thr $88.99. My status in the planner still shows booked, like yours does. And my charge went from pending to charged days ago. If they don't credit me soon I will owe interest to Visa. I would like to cancel, but don’t want to loose the $50 obc. With air and hotels I have almost $7k in my trip, non of it refundable at this point, but we have actually had a talk aboutgiving up. The last thing we need is an aggravating disappointing experience. RoyalCaribbean has sucked any and all joy out of the pre cruise planning experience and excitement. Nothing but concerns about future aggravation remains.

just a thought

Pay the balance before you incur the interest < and when they do credit you back (and they will) you'll have a bonus credit towards next months payment , and with a hair of patience , problem solved.

End result ...,for taking a wild shot at gaining access to a package that we all knew was too good to be true , you end up with a bonus 50$ to buy a couple drinks or spend however else you wish !

...Amazes me that everything is always half empty to so many on here . That seems damn near full to me ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ryder101 said:

You can dispute the charge and they won't charge interest till its all settled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garywatson said:

If you dispute the charge you might not be able to use that credit card with Royal Caribbean again.

I didn't have any problems  as I have done this with RCCL and I use the card all the time.

19 hours ago, Ryder101 said:

I canceled 8 packages in the cruise planner; all my OBC remained unscathed. 

57 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

WOW! I can't believe this thread is still this active.

It should get more active when folks start getting their refunds and others still wait for theirs. Once everyone gets their refunds finally, this thread should get nice and quiet. 

• Like 2

A bit of progress. I received an email from RCI today notifying cancellation and refund to my credit card for my 4/8 cruise.  The key disappeared from that set sail pass.  The three packages purchased for later cruises have not yet been refunded.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 8:45 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

At least one news outlet blames this fiasco for a drop in the price of company shares

I very much doubt it because most of the stock is held by institutional investors but it’s an interesting theory anyway

4D65EE41-FA88-49F6-837C-2ADA2D2EAF4F.jpeg

Typical media sensationalism. 😁 The whole sector was down that day.

Edited by TheBucketLister

On 3/18/2023 at 5:52 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

I canceled 8 packages in the cruise planner; all my OBC remained unscathed. 

Is that the solution - my package still shows “booked” for $88.99 and I do show $50 OBC added.  

To get a refund, do I need to cancel the package in my cruise planner? 

thanks!

On 3/17/2023 at 10:45 PM, Ryder101 said:

Hang in there, and don’t let these odd events take your Joy from your upcoming cruise!.

Once your family is sailing away from port, you can breathe in the tranquil sea air, listen to the wind and the waves, and enjoy your family’s  vacation. 

Good luck, hope you take the cruise and enjoy 

11 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

Is that the solution - my package still shows “booked” for $88.99 and I do show $50 OBC added.  

To get a refund, do I need to cancel the package in my cruise planner? 

thanks!

I cancelled multiple packages in my CP on Saturday, received refund to my CC today

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

A bit of progress. I received an email from RCI today notifying cancellation and refund to my credit card for my 4/8 cruise.  The key disappeared from that set sail pass.  The three packages purchased for later cruises have not yet been refunded.

Me too (although credit hasn't posted back to my card yet, and my email still has the "14 days" language)! Sailing 4/2. Planner shows it as cancelled now. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Me too (although credit hasn't posted back to my card yet, and my email still has the "14 days" language)! Sailing 4/2. Planner shows it as cancelled now. 

I had two booked on different cruises. I just received the refund email on the first one. I paid for it using a combo of OBC and credit card. The package shows canceled now and the OBC was credited back to my account. I’m betting the CC amount will show up in a few days.  

I canceled the packages I booked and received my reimbursements last week. We had 4 reservations I booked it on and each one has a $50 credit. $200 for my time is not bad! Plus I printed off my set sail pass showing the KEY icon. I’m using it next Sunday! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NC State said:

I booked as soon as it popped up. RC finally emailed yesterday (3/21) to let me know they are canceling it.  Still no refund. 

They finally cancelled mine off the cruise planner last night. They also removed the Key off my boarding pass but it's still on my Apple wallet though I assume that one won't work any more.  No refund yet but that usually takes a few days.