Can you check a case of water to bring on board?

maggieq

4 hours ago, maggieq said:

Since bottled water is part of the beverage package and given I can drink quite a few a day. Wanted to check.  Thanks!

Not necessary to bring water onboard.

I order one-gallon jugs of distilled water ($2.95 each) from HAL. You'll find the item in the Beverages section of Cruise Planning online. You can specific that the jugs be delivered to your cabin on embarkation day, or later in the cruise.

On the 16-day Hawaii cruise, I ordered and consumed 4 jugs. Hope this helps

HAL recently had an issue with non-reusable plastic water bottles; thus, they are not allowed on the ship.  They will try to sell you water in non-reusable metal cans.  I assume if you found a store that sold cases of canned water you could bring it onboard.  The water onboard is good to drink and we fill our own reusable container and drink that.

Ray  

3 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

gallon jugs of distilled water

You didn't really drink the distilled water, did you?  On board it's meant for cpap machines. No minerals, no taste!  The tap water is fine and tastes fine, especially when cold. 

~Nancy

• Like 3

I always bring cans of sparkling seltzer on board. Usually 24 cans for a week long cruise for 2 people. It's just looked at as soda, and allowed.  As people have already said, plastic water bottles are not allowed.  And I'll also chime in that the water is good on board, and so I also bring a water bottle and just fill up on the Lido periodically. 

You aren’t allowed to bring a case of water. They do allow a small number of boxed or canned water - I think 12 500ml or less? It’s in an FAQ on HAL’s website. 

we will likely bring reusable bottles and buy some of the distilled water. It’s fine to drink btw - our drinking water we buy in 5 gallon jugs is RODI water which is similar to distilled in that everything is taken out

Edited by Hllb

1 hour ago, Colorado Klutch said:

I think the reason HAL doesn't allow plastic water bottles is because it's so easy to smuggle alcohol in them. 

Not so sure on that. All security has to do is shake a “water bottle” to check for alcohol.

4 hours ago, Colorado Klutch said:

I think the reason HAL doesn't allow plastic water bottles is because it's so easy to smuggle alcohol in them. 

No. It has to do with eliminating single use plastic bottles from the ship.

• Like 2