On Meraviglia now spring break cruise

mscdivina2016

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Final FCC is used up. I do like them, great product but IT and CS is crap.  I will continue with my posting about the lousy things they have done to me.

I guess if you got downgraded from a YCGS to a regular balcony with no reduction in fare, no booze or Internet package you would be alright with that? 

I have no more booked . I do have a family cruise coming up but I did not book or pay for it. I just go with 50+ obnoxious family members who will turn YC into a circus. I actually feel sorry for others on that sailing. 

So if you are “officially” done, why don’t you quit posting on theMSC boards and move on to the cruise line which satisfies all of your needs?

• Like 3

Just off the Meraviglia last month, great cruise. Our room attendant was great, even gave us a few beers in our room. No we are not YC sailers. This past was our third MSC sailing and we sail Seaside in June. I love MSC, but NCL is our favorite, when actually any ship and no work is our favorite 

Did we have issues on last sailing? Yea a few, check my review, but nothing to ruin the trip. 

7 hours ago, RD64 said:

So if you are “officially” done, why don’t you quit posting on theMSC boards and move on to the cruise line which satisfies all of your needs?

There is something about MSC that attracts people who enjoy having a good moan, either as a way to start conversations and make friends or as a way to feel a bit superior.  I think for many it wouldn't be a good holiday without something to complain about.   My husband sometimes falls into this category. 

• Thanks 1

I want to add (but couldn't edit my post):  I'm sure the issues with service identified in this thread are real, and I don't want to imply anything about the OP.  Just that I've sometimes encountered other passengers on MSC that enjoy finding problems and complaining.

11 hours ago, RD64 said:

Would need to change their cc name. Irritating as some of the posts are, sometimes they make me smile....incredulously! 

• Haha 2

On 3/12/2023 at 9:19 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

..Have not met.butler.yet, have not even got.outlr luggage yet at 5:19.

Perhaps it's a case (no pun) of 'once  seen never forgotten' and 'they've got your number! 😁

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RD64 said:

Because word of mouth is the huge in industry. They need to fix my issue. 

If you feel I need to have one booked in order to post about it, so be it.  I don't care, I have time, money and now a new mission.

Like I said, I like the product.

Give me 20 minutes to book another here.

3 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Just that I've sometimes encountered other passengers on MSC that enjoy finding problems and complaining.

I don't want to, I just don't let things go. I can't.

I need my issue resolved and I will move on.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:03 PM, NorthernCouple said:

Did your butler just disappear? Were you able to reach them and ask for things? Do you think that they were supplementing other areas or just too many rooms? I was hoping to ask for unpacking, ironing, and frequent Champagne by the hot tub...but seems unlikely.

I worry about the supply logistics shortage. On a 3-4 day voyage, I would think that you could emergency resupply at each port. Even OC should have some extra supplies on hand.

I'm somewhat reassured that other major lines are having similar issues...otherwise I would worry about a Crystal situation...

Ok, we HEAR YOU and your multiple notices of wanting someone to unpack and iron for you.  I'm sorry but it feels tone deaf when the YC experience is already watered down so much.   (And some of us find the idea of asking a butler to unpack icky and weird and demeaning, but that's my personal opinion.) And please no champagne in the hot tub unless you have one in your suite (otherwise it's technically not allowed).

As far as "emergency resupply" well that's just not how it works.  OC doesn't have any extra supplies on hand - have you ever done business in the Bahamas?   I have.  Doesn't work like that.

There are several issues, one of which is fully MSC's fault. What happens is that they have to do a hard inventory after each cruise and basically lock down stock for almost a day.  They do this to report on the profitability of each cruise and to determine the booze per capita amount.    Only after this is completed do they then open up the coffers and restock.  There's also the issue of not knowing EXACTLY what the demographics are of each of the short cruises.  If you carry 20 types of beer but there's a "run" on Peroni, you are going to run out.  There is no infinite supply chest somewhere and you cannot restock mid-cruise.  

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Perhaps a good therapist and drug prescription is the answer....

No that didn't work, another cruise on MSC is the answer.  I did book one for January 2024.😁

Don't want to be accused of posting on a board when I don't have another planned after next month.😮

Drugs and alcohol don't mix. Staying on topic, there was drugs, booze of course and allot of vaping from balconies.

21 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

There is no infinite supply chest somewhere and you cannot restock mid-cruise.  

I agree with everything you posted except the above... slightly.   Yes you cannot restock Peroni, but all the premium booze is also being sold in the shops. When a bar runs out, just go to the shops.

That is how they solved the issue in YC.  Other option is to substitute super premium instead. 20 minutes later they had the gift shop booze in the topsail and deck 19.

That is not an unreasonable request. You cannot have the premium booze in other bars and not YC.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:03 PM, NorthernCouple said:

The impact on the YC still seems puzzling. I presume that this is their most profitable segment. You would think that the standards in the YC should fall last. Did you notice worse failings outside the YC?

Did your butler just disappear? Were you able to reach them and ask for things? Do you think that they were supplementing other areas or just too many rooms? I was hoping to ask for unpacking, ironing, and frequent Champagne by the hot tub...but seems unlikely.

Sorry I did not see this before.

The bottom line was Spring break. Craig said he has 7 butlers and needed 9. The overall product is decent but when you are sailing at max capacity with a smaller crew stuff happens.

Yes it was worse out of YC.  Lines were longer at bars, but flash cash and YC card and presto!

Nothing by the hot tub or in is allowed anymore.  No pizza either including Topsail. No ironing, so we used laundry service. We were offered an unpack but luggage arriving 6 hours after boarding was an issue. Butler was being dragged to be a server in Topsail. Assistant was quite efficient.  When we reached out, it was an hour on any request it seemed.

I was only on this sailing for my grandkids and family otherwise I know what weeks to book as a rule.

Too many people, not enough of anything else.

George in the YC dining was and still is fantastic. Management should take notice and make sure not to lose that guy.

19 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I agree with everything you posted except the above... slightly.   Yes you cannot restock Peroni, but all the premium booze is also being sold in the shops. When a bar runs out, just go to the shops.

That is how they solved the issue in YC.  Other option is to substitute super premium instead. 20 minutes later they had the gift shop booze in the topsail and deck 19.

That is not an unreasonable request. You cannot have the premium booze in other bars and not YC.

I totally agree with you!  We were on the Divina a couple of years ago when they "ran out of" Titos.  Meanwhile the duty free store was STOCKED full of it but they didn't want to cross-inventory the product.  As far as taking from other bars to stock up YC, yes please!