Suite question. Forward or Aft.?

Familycruzer11

• Familycruzer11 changed the title to Suite question. Forward or Aft.?

Not sure what ship, you're deciding on, but the corner aft suites on Royal Class ships have wrap around balconies, which are HUGE.  You do have to deal with soot falling on to the balcony; it all depends on which way the ocean wind blows the smoke from the ship's funnel.

• Like 2

We love the forward Premium suites on Royal class - for the huge bedroom space, the forward facing window and, while the balcony may not be overly big, it's good enough for us. More budget friendly too than the aft penthouses. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dides said:

We love the forward Premium suites on Royal class - for the huge bedroom space, the forward facing window and, while the balcony may not be overly big, it's good enough for us. More budget friendly too than the aft penthouses. 

These are our favorites on Royal class. The only drawback is the long walk to everything.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Colorado Coasty said:

These are our favorites on Royal class. The only drawback is the long walk to everything.

Not too bad for Suite breakfasts in Sabatini's and popping up to the Sanctuary but yes, definitely not well positioned for the Concierge Lounge

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CapnCrews said:

I’ve bought neither … so far … but I’d rather have to sweep up a little soot than look out across the bridge and 20 meters of bow and expect to ever see a single dolphin.  

The forward suites on Royal Class don't have wrap around balconies.  The balconies face directly port or starboard.  There is however a forward facing bedroom window.

I've yet to purchase a suite either...my upgrades were through the kindness of Princess after having booked balcony guarantees.  Sometimes it pays to play the guarantee game.  Doesn't happen very often.  I consider myself lucky that it's happened 3 times over the course of many cruises with Princess.

We have always had aft suites on multiple ships. Forward wind could be a big problem where you may be warned not to venture out on the deck when at sea from the wind. Yes, Royal class balconies are huge on aft. The soot was hit and miss depending on the wind and ship speed. We liked the aft suites on the Pacific, Tahitian, and Ocean Princess almost 1000' feet of space. Too bad they are gone but Oceana and Azamara have those ships now.

12 minutes ago, dides said:

Not too bad for Suite breakfasts in Sabatini's and popping up to the Sanctuary but yes, definitely not well positioned for the Concierge Lounge

Ah Ha  moment !  proxiemity  to services is key for us ... convenience.   I/we have requested that there be more areas and amenities for suite quest's . At 10k plus  a cruise, I would like to have a bang more for my buck. Hopfully, the new sphere class  will give that experience. 

• Like 4

The mid-aft suites, Riviera deck on Royal Class are wonderful: close to  the Concierge Lounge, as well as the stairs. We don't need a huge balcony, just room for the two of us to enjoy our cocktails or an Ultimate Balcony Dinner on a late port evening. 🥰🥂

• Like 4