Onboard Riviera Last Week

GregoryPaul

1 hour ago, GregoryPaul said:

Care for a quick dip, anyone?

(two of us did before they kicked us out and put the net up, rather like getting caught up in the rinse cycle … but more fun)

IMG_2052.MOV 16.56 MB · 10 downloads  

If there was a notice about the pool being closed(likely) and you went in anyway, that's a good way to get booted off the ship at the next port. Even Carnival is cracking down on bad pax behavior.

• Haha 1

No notice displayed when either of us got in. In fact, both of us asked and were allowed in. 

Sea states change over time. Things got worse before this vid was taken. Then got even worse than this and the “pool closed” net eventually went up.

(If I ever consider acting bad on a ship I’ll be sure to consult, tho)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GregoryPaul said:

No notice displayed when either of us got in. In fact, both of us asked and were allowed in. 

Sea states change over time. Things got worse before this vid was taken. Then got even worse than this and the “pool closed” net eventually went up.

(If I ever consider acting bad on a ship I’ll be sure to consult, tho)

I've seen the pool act like that before on many lines. A person could get smacked on the side of the pool. It looks cool but you can really get hurt. I'm surprised it wasn't closed sooner.

Interesting video.  Something tells me it was not that bad when you went in the water.  Something else tells me even when it got close to this, you would have gotten out.  I really believe the reason for your video was the crazy waves.  That was my take anyway.

I have experience this on other ships.  My wife and I was on the deck above, with a drink watching the water.  Not something you see every day for sure.  Stay safe and this is an event I am sure you will share in the future.  Cruise provide those unusual situations.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Interesting video.  Something tells me it was not that bad when you went in the water.  Something else tells me even when it got close to this, you would have gotten out.  I really believe the reason for your video was the crazy waves.  That was my take anyway.

I have experience this on other ships.  My wife and I was on the deck above, with a drink watching the water.  Not something you see every day for sure.  Stay safe and this is an event I am sure you will share in the future.  Cruise provide those unusual situations.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Thanks Sthrngary. Absolutely correct. Of course it was not that bad when we were in there. They wouldn’t have let us go in … and I’m not that stupid.

And as you noticed, it got even worse later that morning (when they put the closed-pool-netting up).

• Like 1