Princess ships for 2024-2025

Better put this in the right place.....copied and pasted from the other one.

Any thoughts on what ships will arrive?

Been looking through the ports bookings for Princess 2024/2025.

Looks like Diamond will come from Asia, last cruise ends in Tokyo on Sept 4th 2024,  Tokyo to Australia via Darwin (18th Sept).

Brisbane 24th Sept

Sydney 26th Sep

Melbourne 28th Sept. 

Will then do a couple of 14 nighters and 7 nighters, looks to be South Australia ports and Prob NZ.

Departs Melbourne 7th Dec 

Sydney 9th Dec

Brisbane 11 Dec where there are bookings until 17th Feb 2025.

A booking in Sydney on 21st Feb then possibly a trans pacific as there are no Darwin/Brisbane bookings going north, or maybe heading around the bottom of OZ but can't find anything from there.

Looks like Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane all get some departures. 

I know, too much time on my hands.....it's raining here today😛 and we have a couple of special birthday/anniversary's in October 2024, so get those itineraries out!!

• Like 3

Thanks for starting the thread. I was snooping on the Royal thread for all the Princess discussion and was glad to see this here after scanning all of the Aussie port schedules. Frankly, Princess has been throwing us all for a loop here after the changes they made recently. I like to do my own little predictions with a map of my own, but the 2025 global deployment schedule is for sure going to be totally different from what we have now, especially with the 2nd Sphere-class vessel debuting by then as well. By removing Discovery and Majestic from Australia, it seems to me that... perhaps, San Francisco might actually get a permanent Royal-class ship now? Or could that still be too ambitious?

I still think Crown will be moving up to Alaska in summer 2025 because I can't fathom a ship of that size doing the Aussie world cruise when they have the Coral (and leaving Sydney in May isn't too far-fetched to still make it to Alaska in time). But it begs the question, where is Coral? My hunch is Coral will move from Singapore to Yokohama after her dry dock, with Diamond coming in to Australia for the time being to fill that slot. Then, Diamond goes back as Grand returns to Melbourne in January (if I remember the schedule right). But where was Grand the whole time, then? Perhaps it's possible Grand makes a transpacific crossing in early-2025 akin to what the Diamond just did to Japan from San Diego. And that still leaves the question - where is Coral?

By 2024-25, I think it's fair to assume that Princess may also station a ship more "permanently" in Asia like they did pre-pandemic (i.e. I believe there used to be something like Sapphire in Singapore, Diamond in Yokohama). It would be similar to what Celebrity is doing at that time. Perhaps that is where Coral (or maybe Majestic) will fill a nook.

I'm also just wondering if Princess still has plans to drag a ship from Europe to Australia (or vice versa) like they were planning for the Regal in 2020. It was an ambitious itinerary but I remember the excitement. Oh, anyways...there's too much rambling going on from me, but I'm excited to read other's theories!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Thanks for starting the thread. I was snooping on the Royal thread for all the Princess discussion and was glad to see this here after scanning all of the Aussie port schedules. Frankly, Princess has been throwing us all for a loop here after the changes they made recently. I like to do my own little predictions with a map of my own, but the 2025 global deployment schedule is for sure going to be totally different from what we have now, especially with the 2nd Sphere-class vessel debuting by then as well. By removing Discovery and Majestic from Australia, it seems to me that... perhaps, San Francisco might actually get a permanent Royal-class ship now? Or could that still be too ambitious?

I still think Crown will be moving up to Alaska in summer 2025 because I can't fathom a ship of that size doing the Aussie world cruise when they have the Coral (and leaving Sydney in May isn't too far-fetched to still make it to Alaska in time). But it begs the question, where is Coral? My hunch is Coral will move from Singapore to Yokohama after her dry dock, with Diamond coming in to Australia for the time being to fill that slot. Then, Diamond goes back as Grand returns to Melbourne in January (if I remember the schedule right). But where was Grand the whole time, then? Perhaps it's possible Grand makes a transpacific crossing in early-2025 akin to what the Diamond just did to Japan from San Diego. And that still leaves the question - where is Coral?

By 2024-25, I think it's fair to assume that Princess may also station a ship more "permanently" in Asia like they did pre-pandemic (i.e. I believe there used to be something like Sapphire in Singapore, Diamond in Yokohama). It would be similar to what Celebrity is doing at that time. Perhaps that is where Coral (or maybe Majestic) will fill a nook.

I'm also just wondering if Princess still has plans to drag a ship from Europe to Australia (or vice versa) like they were planning for the Regal in 2020. It was an ambitious itinerary but I remember the excitement. Oh, anyways...there's too much rambling going on from me, but I'm excited to read other's theories!

Tthe return of Princess to Asia is the likely reason for Diamond coming our way.  
Coral doing long cruises, round the world.   

• Like 2

Here is my take on Crown Princess. (if it is Crown)

Last noted cruise ends in San Fran on Sept 2nd 2024.

Could it then do a pacific crossing to Singapore for a dry dock to be OZ ready?

There is a booking in Darwin for Crown on 14th Nov, then Sydney on 23rd Nov, so 7 days from Darwin to Syd.

I know there is a booking for Crown in Sydney on 26th Oct, but don't think it is for Crown, possibly Royal which has a booking for 28th Oct. 

Crown then does cruises from Syd.

19th March 2025 looks like circle OZ, going south first as port bookings match up. (17th March Crown is in Brisbane, so a pick for this cruise there)

Melbourne 23rd March, Adelaide on 25th March, Freemantle 30th March, Darwin 6th April and Brisbane 14th April, returning to Sydney 16th April. 

Then I thought perhaps it is doing a 35 night Hawaii as next booking in Sydney is 20th May, but there is 25th April Darwin, a turnaround in Freo 3rd May which all makes sense for half circle, with another one in Darwin for 11 May but then Brisbane on 14th May, not enough time to get there, and Sydney not till 20th May, so I think a 35 night Hawaii, then a World cruise. 

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

My contact in Princess has told me they would have information for me on the season as well as the 2025 world cruise later in the day on the 21st March. Unless anyone else comes to hand with information before that.

So i guess the Diamond then is not doing sailings out of Singapore then like it is the end of this year. Wonder which ship is going to resume those sailings?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

My contact in Princess has told me they would have information for me on the season as well as the 2025 world cruise later in the day on the 21st March. Unless anyone else comes to hand with information before that.

So i guess the Diamond then is not doing sailings out of Singapore then like it is the end of this year. Wonder which ship is going to resume those sailings?

Let us know here if your contact finds anything out so we can stop speculating😀

It has usually been the Sapphire, Diamond and Majestic that have been based in Asia.

The Diamond changes made for the Japanese market and the Majestic the Chinese.

All of them finish their 2024 season in Seattle and Vancouver so who knows......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

My guess is that Sapphire goes to Singapore year round.  

• Like 1

Just had a call from an "agent'" in relation to another booking.

Confirmed that something will be released next week as Aussiecruiser stated above, looking like Royal/Crown from Sydney at the moment.

When I get the email will post here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Here is my take on Crown Princess. (if it is Crown)

Last noted cruise ends in San Fran on Sept 2nd 2024.

Could it then do a pacific crossing to Singapore for a dry dock to be OZ ready?

There is a booking in Darwin for Crown on 14th Nov, then Sydney on 23rd Nov, so 7 days from Darwin to Syd.

I know there is a booking for Crown in Sydney on 26th Oct, but don't think it is for Crown, possibly Royal which has a booking for 28th Oct. 

Crown then does cruises from Syd.

19th March 2025 looks like circle OZ, going south first as port bookings match up. (17th March Crown is in Brisbane, so a pick for this cruise there)

Melbourne 23rd March, Adelaide on 25th March, Freemantle 30th March, Darwin 6th April and Brisbane 14th April, returning to Sydney 16th April. 

Then I thought perhaps it is doing a 35 night Hawaii as next booking in Sydney is 20th May, but there is 25th April Darwin, a turnaround in Freo 3rd May which all makes sense for half circle, with another one in Darwin for 11 May but then Brisbane on 14th May, not enough time to get there, and Sydney not till 20th May, so I think a 35 night Hawaii, then a World cruise. 

Any thoughts?

No drydock for Crown Chez, They can swap one of the Euro sockets for an Aussie one in transit across the Pacific. I believe the ship was in drydock during October 2022.

Crown Princess arrives in Sydney from her Transpacific on 26th October, as by the Sydney Ports bible. Then a 28-day interval suggests a lap of Australia, which often follows a transpacific. Just doing the lap in reverse makes the dates look a bit different - includes:

30th October - Melbourne

1st November - Adelaide

6th November - Fremantle

14th November - Darwin

18th November - Cairns

21st November - Brisbane

And yes, it will be Crown & Royal ex-Sydney, and uncertain bits of Diamond and Grand from Brisbane & Melbourne, with no Coral. 

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Just had a call from an "agent'" in relation to another booking.

Confirmed that something will be released next week as Aussiecruiser stated above, looking like Royal/Crown from Sydney at the moment.

When I get the email will post here.

Thanks Chez. Looking forward to seeing the internaries. I be on the Grand still but hopefully will have some info to make a booking 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

No drydock for Crown Chez, They can swap one of the Euro sockets for an Aussie one in transit across the Pacific. I believe the ship was in drydock during October 2022.

Crown Princess arrives in Sydney from her Transpacific on 26th October, as by the Sydney Ports bible. Then a 28-day interval suggests a lap of Australia, which often follows a transpacific. Just doing the lap in reverse makes the dates look a bit different - includes:

30th October - Melbourne

1st November - Adelaide

6th November - Fremantle

14th November - Darwin

18th November - Cairns

21st November - Brisbane

And yes, it will be Crown & Royal ex-Sydney, and uncertain bits of Diamond and Grand from Brisbane & Melbourne, with no Coral. 

I don't think they will downguage Sydney. This summer there is two Royal class ships based -  it will surely stay that way again - it just depends on which 2  whilst a grand and panamax ship will be based out of Brisbane / Melbourne. As one of the panmax ships will then do the 2025 RTW which will be announced at the same time unless the RTW gets an upguage to a Grand class ship - which could well do.....these RTW cruises sell out like hotcakes.

any way i guess speculation at this point in time...who's to say what will happen i could be way off the mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Crown Princess arrives in Sydney from her Transpacific on 26th October, as by the Sydney Ports bible. Then a 28-day interval suggests a lap of Australia, which often follows a transpacific. Just doing the lap in reverse makes the dates look a bit different 

Well that sounds more logical🤣

Those Princess Circle OZ sell quick and are great for those that do not wish too travel overseas and don't have time restrictions, especially when they break them into sectors and people can board from their states.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

I don't think they will downguage Sydney. This summer there is two Royal class ships based -  it will surely stay that way again - it just depends on which 2  whilst a grand and panamax ship will be based out of Brisbane / Melbourne. As one of the panmax ships will then do the 2025 RTW which will be announced at the same time unless the RTW gets an upguage to a Grand class ship - which could well do.....these RTW cruises sell out like hotcakes.

any way i guess speculation at this point in time...who's to say what will happen i could be way off the mark

Correct, next season has Royal & Majestic, but only Princess knows how the bookings look for next summer. They had intended Royal & Discovery for 24/25, but Discovery has disappeared from the port bookings to be replaced by Crown - that is not speculation. Coral has also disappeared for 2024/25, and Grand Class can do the new Panama locks, so why not. 

Itineraries will be out next week anyway, so we won't have to ponder very long. We have done a couple of cruises on Majestic this summer and have another booked for November. They have been OK, but not a match with their smaller classes of ship. I for one am glad there will be a choice of ships instead of 2 x cookie cutter sisters.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Well that sounds more logical🤣

Those Princess Circle OZ sell quick and are great for those that do not wish too travel overseas and don't have time restrictions, especially when they break them into sectors and people can board from their states.

Lots of US passengers do the crossing and B2B with the lap around Oz as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwendy said:

Love the Diamond especially the Izumi bath house.  Have to start saving my pennies to sail on her again. Lol

Never been on Diamond.

If she goes into dry dock it will be interesting to see if this stays.

I have used many bathhouses and onsens in Japan over my 7 visits. 

• Like 1

I would be so disappointed if they took it away, however on a round Japan cruise quite often we were the only ones using it.  I know they limit bookings for privacy but rarely saw anyone else there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Never been on Diamond.

If she goes into dry dock it will be interesting to see if this stays.

I have used many bathhouses and onsens in Japan over my 7 visits. 

It looks like half the year out of Japan and other Asian ports for Diamond, so I figure the bathhouse and rinsing toilets will remain.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

Just got back from Captain Circle party and they mentioned that the Crown Princess is doing WC 2025 out of Australia and also that Crown Princess was going to Melbourne. 

WC is going to be 116 days long. Wonder if they offering option where you can board in Melbourne.  And goes on sale to Elite on 4 April and General Public 5 April.

I like to see the itinerary for it. And of course $$ as the WC 2025 on Island out of US pricing is expensive.

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Just got back from Captain Circle party and they mentioned that the Crown Princess is doing WC 2025 out of Australia and also that Crown Princess was going to Melbourne. 

WC is going to be 116 days long. Wonder if they offering option where you can board in Melbourne.  And goes on sale to Elite on 4 April and General Public 5 April.

I like to see the itinerary for it. And of course $$ as the WC 2025 on Island out of US pricing is expensive.

Thanks for letting us know, it's very much appreciated.  Was there any mention of what Coral will be doing?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Vicki. 🙂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Thanks for letting us know, it's very much appreciated.  Was there any mention of what Coral will be doing?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Vicki. 🙂 

No mention of the Coral Princess. They only other thing they mentioned is Sun Princess and some new ship neither is coming to Oz. I have to see the Future Cruise person so I ask a few more questions.

Oh and most travel passenger had 2,300 days 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

No mention of the Coral Princess. They only other thing they mentioned is Sun Princess and some new ship neithnker is coming to Oz. I have to see the Future Cruise person so I ask a few more questions.

Oh and most travel passenger had 2,300 days 

Great, thank you.  I'll be super keen to hear what the Future Cruise consultant has to say.

The new Sun Princess, no thanks, not for us - way too big! 😞 

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you to all for the interesting information.  I was still going by the info of the Discovery coming out to Aus, and was very excited in planning a cruise on her...but alas - all thinking has now been changed.   

Will be very interesting to see the new itineraries.  Have been waiting forever to see what they were going to do.   Will miss the Coral out of Brissy.  She is a much loved ship here. 

For those with the "inside info" please post here for us cruisers to get a sneaky peak before it goes live for Elite. We like booking on release to get preferred, value for money cabin.   mmmm I can see we will be busy next week scanning the new itinerary's.    Hope for a good itinerary for 25 WC.....Crown!! Interesting indeed.  Will only be doing the WC once.

Thanks everyone for these updates.  

Edited by 23ros
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Good work Sarah, I guess we can be sure that Crown, Diamond and Royal are going somewhere.

We have to fly to Syd, Mel and Bris anyway, how was the Grand and your cruise?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 23ros said:

Thank you to all for the interesting information.  I was still going by the info of the Discovery coming out to Aus, and was very excited in planning a cruise on her...but alas - all thinking has now been changed.   

Will be very interesting to see the new itineraries.  Have been waiting forever to see what they were going to do.   Will miss the Coral out of Brissy.  She is a much loved ship here. 

For those with the "inside info" please post here for us cruisers to get a sneaky peak before it goes live for Elite. We like booking on release to get preferred, value for money cabin.   mmmm I can see we will be busy next week scanning the new itinerary's.    Hope for a good itinerary for 25 WC.....Crown!! Interesting indeed.  Will only be doing the WC once.

Thanks everyone for these updates.  

I really like the look of the new Sun Princess, really different, but doubt we will see that ship here for years!!

Do you have a travel agent or Princess planner? Perhaps they can send you the itineraries when  they are released so you can grab the cabin you need.

Yes, will be interesting with Crown doing the world cruise, some like the Crown class (Ruby/Emerald) some think the extra deck with more passengers make it crowded. I guess the good about a W/C is the cabins are mostly only double occupancy.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1