Yacht Club Drink Plan

mushroom

I'm confused about the beverage plan for Yacht Club. I've heard that it's the Premium Plus plan - allowing drinks up to $15/$16.  However, on the confirmation paper I got when I booked the cruise, it states "Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club and in all bars and restaurants". It really only matters to me when it comes to tequila.  I LOVE a good Anejo. Can recent cruisers on Meraviglia confirm for me?  TYVM! 

I think you will be pleased with the Tequila selection...I sampled a few in the YC on Meraviglia this past January.  

As an example, I did order a Botanist Gin at a bar outside of the YC, the bartender warned me that it was not on my package...just over the limit.  I told him to just pour me what they had.  I had been drinking Hendricks in the YC....this bar had none.  

I noticed no Botanist at the bars in the YC in January.   I don't think they like to stock liquors in the YC that are over the limit..guests don't like to be charged...they may keep certain things on hand if someone requests them though...maybe hidden away.    I was charged nothing extra for any drinks in the YC...and we sampled some nice liquor.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Tequilas included in the YC drink package for Bahamas/Caribbean cruises should include:

1800 Reposado

Cazadores Reposado

Cuervo Gold

Cuervo Silver

Don Julio Reposado

Patrón Añejo

Patrón Silver

That said, there have been recent reports of the Meraviglia running out of certain soft drinks, beers, and liquors. 

In our experience, across 7 YC experiences, there are a small number of drinks included which are 1 or 2 over the limit in terms of pricing. Sometimes, by no means always, if the YC topsail lounge is quiet they have been known to serve me a malt whisky which is not officially included.

We take our very best pleasant selves with us on vacation, and treating all crew with much respect generally helps immensely. 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5