Embarkation with one Diamond status member in party

Sthrncrusr

Our luggage tags state my husband has Diamond level. I'm still Classic. My kids don't have voyager memberships. (I should get on fixing that) 

I was told over the phone by MSC that we could use the priority area for Diamond members. Just want to make sure the remaining three members can tag along with my husband to board when we show up. I never know if the MSC phone reps are giving me the most updated/correct info!

Will our luggage arrive around the same time as his to our cabin you think? Thanks

52 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I don’t think 3 other adults can queue jump check in

I read a couple of days ago that those traveling with a Diamond member can board with them if they are cabin occupants which you would expect, sure I also read that members of the same party can also board together.

Edited by sidari

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

I read a couple of days ago that those traveling with a Diamond member can board with them.

especially if they all are the same family.  Not like Disney, where 20 people would cut the line with the guy in the wheelchair.

• Like 1

I guess I could print out multiple of his bag tags? My tag with my name says classic. My kids don’t say anything on theirs as far as level. But I was told we could board with him in the priority line,etc which seems accurate since the four of us are in a cabin together. Just wondering what people have actually experienced!

1 hour ago, Sthrncrusr said:

I guess I could print out multiple of his bag tags? My tag with my name says classic. My kids don’t say anything on theirs as far as level. But I was told we could board with him in the priority line,etc which seems accurate since the four of us are in a cabin together. Just wondering what people have actually experienced!

The wording in my post is from the Diamond benefits list on our booking on the MSC app.

2 hours ago, Sthrncrusr said:

Just remember your bags are handed to the porter-so other than the porter no one will see the bag tags...

9 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Don't spouses both get the same (higher) status together? 

No, both have to earn the same points number for them both to have Diamond level. Unlike other cruise lines.

• Thanks 1