Beverage Package question?

j3000

On 3/27/2023 at 12:03 PM, Donald said:

"Viable" to the discount cruisers means "can I drink my money's worth?"

"Viable" to the serious cruisers means "will the package make my cruise more hassle-free?"

No amount of convenience is worth being pounds wise and penny foolish. Cruisers that can afford to cruise without a strict budget also tend to be people who don't pay $1,000 extra for an all included package when all they really want is coffee in the morning and a glass of wine at dinner. 

• Like 1

celebrity is not cheap but they will bundle drink package, WiFi , tips with many fares since we want all three that helps , normally regular cabins get basic drink package and suites get premium, no limit on amount of drinks , rccl just has one package and that had unlimited amount of drinks . Even premium package will have a limit of approximately 15 dollars which will cover 98 percent of drinks , if you buy a 18 dollar glass of wine you then will be charged 3 plus tip.

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

No amount of convenience is worth being pounds wise and penny foolish. Cruisers that can afford to cruise without a strict budget also tend to be people who don't pay $1,000 extra for an all included package when all they really want is coffee in the morning and a glass of wine at dinner. 

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However, if you managed cruise ships like I have done for several decades, you would be quite surprised at the very high number of passengers who seem to think that convenience is worth quite a bit of money.

This also explains why many Americans are quite happy to pay $32 per gallon for Starbucks coffee, which is not particularly good, definitely not a good value, but certainly convenient.

Edited by Donald
  • Like 1

I am sure I could make my cruise cheaper by not having drinks and food packages, but when I go on holiday i want as little hassle as possible.

The thought of keeping a spreadsheet on spend throughout my holiday is depressing.

So when I agree the price of the holiday,  I work on the basis that when I pay for it, its ALL paid for, and I dont care that I could have got a for a few hundred pounds cheaper. For the very reason above.

24 minutes ago, Donald said:

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However, if you managed cruise ships like I have done for several decades, you would be quite surprised at the very high number of passengers who seem to think that convenience is worth quite a bit of money.

This also explains why many Americans are quite happy to pay $32 per gallon for Starbucks coffee, which is not particularly good, definitely not a good value, but certainly convenient.

that may be. I can’t relate to those people. And what I’ve seen people on the board post about is generally financially responsible. If people are willing to overpay for convenience, so be it. When I graduated college I read ‘the million dollar homeowner next door’ and really related to it. My family has a decent chunk of money and it wasn’t made by overspending. Personally, I spent $100 on a coffee/espresso maker and get Starbucks once in a blue moon when I have a gift card. I’m the person that has a million in the bank but still complains when my cable company raises my bill by $30.

Edited by sanger727