Stopping constant emails?

jeanlyon

No idea, but I have been getting daily emails about stuff that I have no interest in, like Arvia's naming ceremony to name one.  Haven't had one today though!  I imagine they are desperate for business.

Edited by jeanlyon

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Why was it happening ? Found loads this morning and had to change my settings. First time this has occurred.

Same here 

Every time someone replied to a post I had taken part in I was getting an email

I've disabled getting any emails using my account settings

My email inbox was getting over run!!

Lol

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I meant emails from cruise critic. I have managed to stop a lot of them but still get ones trying to sell me a cruise

and I meant emails from P&O.  I don't get any emails from this site.

• Thanks 1

I have just got back from 5 days away (lovely, in the Lake District) and found a huge number of emails from a CC host of one of the lines I follow and sometimes post  on.  This has obviously just happened; very annoying.  Following your tips, I think I have managed to get rid of them.  i have never asked for them, and never had any before, so presume it is a glitch and someone has pressed the wrong button somewhere?

Mine were - about 20 of them, sent every 10 minutes or so - supposedly from the host of another line.  I emailed him, and he said he   had not got my email address, and didn't know how it happened.  I replied that it looked like someone at CC had pressed the wrong button, and some of us were being deluged, and for his own sake he should contact them.  Hope he has and it is now all over  Unless any of you have another theory?  Deleting is a pain, as there are probably one or two proper ones lurking in there..

8 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Same here 

Every time someone replied to a post I had taken part in I was getting an email

I've disabled getting any emails using my account settings

My email inbox was getting over run!!

Lol

Same here.

3 hours ago, Grandad John said:

I too am getting swamped by e-mails😡. Pray tell me how do I stop them?

Really frustrating when a slew of them comes in.

Go to the website and register using Paul Ludlow’s email address so he gets spammed 🤣🤣

23 hours ago, Grandad John said:

I too am getting swamped by e-mails😡. Pray tell me how do I stop them?

log in and click on the notification bell at the left of your user name, then go to 'notification settings'. this looks like an updated menu to me with more choices.  then scroll down to 'manage notifications' and untick the email symbol.  just done it, waiting to see if successful.

yesterday I was wondering what you were all complaining about, then I posted a comment, and lo and behold someone responded and an email duly turned up!

• Like 1

• Administrators

So the system is set to send notifications to you if you have posted to (or followed) a topic (or, even a forum if you have chosen to FOLLOW that forum).  You can change this by clicking on your member name (upper right) and selecting "Managed Followed Content".

I also see some of you are talking about emails from your cruise line -- sorry cannot help with that.

BUT, what I'm really interested in are any emails you have received that indicates it is from one of our hosts.  Any auto notifications should be coming from cruise critic and not naming a host.  Please forward me one or two of these emails at:  community@cruisecritic.com

Laura

• Like 1