Oasis of the Seas all shows booked

I didn't realize that shows had to be reserved in the app ahead of sailing. Now there are no reservations left. Is there a way to still see these shows? And how do I make sure we get a seat?

Hello. You can keep checking cruise planner to see if anything opens up. If not, there is always a standby line you can wait in. If those with reservations don’t show, those in the standby line are let in. Usually about 15 minutes prior to show time. It’s normally not a problem to get in via the standby line if you get there early enough. Have a great cruise! 

Edited by SV1432
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SV1432 said:

Hello. You can keep checking cruise planner to see if anything opens up. If not, there is always a standby line you can wait in. If those with reservations don’t show, those in the standby line are let in. Usually about 15 minutes prior to show time. It’s usually not a problem to get in via the standby line if you get there early enough.

Thanks for the quick reply! How long before the show starts would you recommend we get in line? There are 7 of us and I'd hate to miss the shows. 

That can vary quite a bit cruise to cruise. But I would say about 30 minutes prior if you want a good chance of getting in with decent seats. I also believe they restrict how many reservations can be made on-line, so when you first board, there might be openings that you can grab as well. We have never had a problem getting seats (4 of us) for the larger venues and usually have been in line about 30 before. Of course I can’t promise that’s always the case, but your group should be fine.

Edited to say 30 minutes, not 30-40. 40 is a bit extreme. Anything in the 20-30 range should be fine. Only exception might be the comedy show as it’s a smaller venue. 

Edited by SV1432
  • Like 1

This happened to us.  This process of letting people book unlimited show in advance is stupid.  They should let everyone book 2.

anyway as soon as you get on board,  sit down and start booking.  They open up more seats departure day.  You can standby for the big shows but yiur seats will suck.  If you have a

reservation and want good seats show up at least 30 min prior. We managed all major shows and one comedy.  Some were not so lucky.

19 minutes ago, resetjet said:

This process of letting people book unlimited show in advance is stupid.

one can't book unlimited shows by definition.

One can book only one showing of a particular show. And the particular shows are also limited. There are only 4 on the Oasis.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bzbintc said:

This process limits so many people! I am now seeing the benefits of cruising on smaller ships.

Some would see the benefit of reserving early...  They usually have a reserved section in the balcony for D+, key holders and sometimes suites, those reserved spaces open to everyone about ten minutes before show time. Last two cruise on Quantum and Ovation there were plenty of seats open, it seems like everyone in the waitlist line just goes down stairs. Good luck..

4 minutes ago, bzbintc said:

I heard that asking when we get on the ship may help get us reservations. Does anyone know where that desk is found?

Do it via the app.  It's faster and you can do it wherever you are on the ship.

The only show that is actually full is the comedy club.  The rest have quite a few openings on boarding day.  I did reservations about 1pm on boarding day and got every show when I wanted them.

6 hours ago, redwave said:

How much before the sailing can first time cruisers reserve shows in the app?

How many times you cruised before doesn't matter - the shows usually become available the month before the sailing.

As, soon as you board, go to Boleros as there are entertainment folks that can make reservations.

The only show that you need to concentrate on are the Ice, Aqua, and adult comedy shows, otherwise plenty of seats for Cats and the Headliners.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

As, soon as you board, go to Boleros as there are entertainment folks that can make reservations.

The only show that you need to concentrate on are the Ice, Aqua, and adult comedy shows, otherwise plenty of seats for Cats and the Headliners.

While there *should* be plenty of seats for Cats, the one time we saw it, it was super crowded- massive amounts of people squeezed in 5 min before showtime and then extended 5 more min.  

Then 20 min later, most of them left.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

🤣

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

While there *should* be plenty of seats for Cats, the one time we saw it, it was super crowded- massive amounts of people squeezed in 5 min before showtime and then extended 5 more min.  

Then 20 min later, most of them left.  

You mean they lasted that long?

4 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

You mean they lasted that long?

We stayed the whole thing to just form an honest opinion of why we think it's so bad.  But seeing others climb over people to get the remaining seats AND then climb all over people to escape was a fun distraction- we were way up in the nosebleeds in one of the little nooks.