Uber from Hobby Airport to RCCL Cruise Port, Galveston

Cruiser 5452

34 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We used Lyft when we were there and it was a lot cheaper than Uber.  I would check both.

We are on the Allure in July. Do you happen to remember the approximate cost of the trip? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I booked an Uber from Galvestone to HOU for 8.20am priced at $60. 
There has been chat that Uber cannot provide this service due to contract issues, but if their APP accepted the booking they must be providing the service?

6 hours ago, chukli said:

There has been chat that Uber cannot provide this service due to contract issues, but if their APP accepted the booking they must be providing the service?

Uber has made an agreement with the Port to pay the fees necessary to access picking up passengers.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:29 PM, chukli said:

As another poster said, "Uber has made an agreement with the Port to pay the fees necessary to access picking up passengers".  However, be aware that the agreement is not effective until May 1.  On the other hand, also note that Cruise Critic folks report that Uber is already (before May 1) dropping off and picking up people just fine.

If you are traveling before May 1 and want to play it safe, you could do Lyft instead of Uber, but Lyft may have fewer cars available (hard to say).

More worrisome, if you are traveling on a Sunday morning, then Uber/Lyft rides are in short supply.  You are probably OK at 8:20 a.m. but may experience surge pricing.  Also note that on Uber's Scheduling page (https://www.uber.com/us/en/ride/how-it-works/reserve/), it says:

Uber doesn’t guarantee that a driver will accept your ride request." (emphasis mine). "Your ride is confirmed once you receive your driver details."

Have a great cruise!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone speak to reliability? We are coming in the night before, and staying at a Hobby hotel. There are 7 of us, so we would need an XL and a normal to fit everyone and bags. My wife is nervous that we will get a bunch of drivers that cancel on us. Last year, out of Port Canaveral, we got a private van from Orlando, but here they want almost $600 RT for private transportation. 

How hard is it to secure a ride?

• 2 weeks later...