AzAmazing evenings no more?

fruitmachine

For our booked June '23 cruise on Journey we looked through the excursions and there appeared the 0 cost evening in the city of Valencia. The second night of the cruise.

Probably not information that is available before booking?

A similar question applies to the White Night and we will wait to be on board before knowing when that is being held.

Having said the above we are relaxed about these dates and just go with the flow.

I suppose if you are planning the booking of a full day, riguorous excursion that returns late then knowing such dates beforehand makes sense.

13 minutes ago, cruisinclined said:

For our booked June '23 cruise on Journey we looked through the excursions and there appeared the 0 cost evening in the city of Valencia. The second night of the cruise.

Probably not information that is available before booking?

A similar question applies to the White Night and we will wait to be on board before knowing when that is being held.

Having said the above we are relaxed about these dates and just go with the flow.

I suppose if you are planning the booking of a full day, riguorous excursion that returns late then knowing such dates beforehand makes sense.

It’s probably the Hemisferic show in Valencia which we attended as the AzAmazing Evening in 2019. It’s a great acrobatic show. You will need to register in advance. You won’t know when White Night is until you’re on the ship (it will be a night when you’re in port late or overnight). It can also change because of weather.

• Like 5

Once booked you can access a pdf of the excursions specific to your cruise.  That will tell you what and when the evening event is, at least if it's offshore.  It will show up as a no-cost excursion.  On our July Croatia intensive, it's a group of music and dance performances in Dubrovnik.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SandJCruiser said:

Once booked you can access a pdf of the excursions specific to your cruise.  That will tell you what and when the evening event is, at least if it's offshore.  It will show up as a no-cost excursion.  On our July Croatia intensive, it's a group of music and dance performances in Dubrovnik.

No Ana Ruchner 

• 1 month later...

We had a couple of immersion events on the pool deck stage in Sep 22, just before Azamazing nights were to resume, in Oct. One was flamenco and when you struggle to see their feet, it’s a fail.

IMHO the pool deck just doesn’t cut it. A third show (B2B2B) was in the theatre - Andrews Sisters performance. France) was great.

We are so disappointed in what will be offered on our July sailing. At first AZ said there’d be an Azamazing Evening in Reykjavik at the Harpa Concert Hall (a very interesting site that we want to see). We were very excited about this. Then, we were notified of a change and now all we get is a Destination Celebration which is only a 1.5h concert on the ship. That’s a very significant downgrade. I expect entertainment on the ship so I fail to see how this is special. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carnevale said:

We are so disappointed in what will be offered on our July sailing. At first AZ said there’d be an Azamazing Evening in Reykjavik at the Harpa Concert Hall (a very interesting site that we want to see). We were very excited about this. Then, we were notified of a change and now all we get is a Destination Celebration which is only a 1.5h concert on the ship. That’s a very significant downgrade. I expect entertainment on the ship so I fail to see how this is special. 

We've been to the Harpa Concert Hall, and it is a beautifully designed building, situated on a lovely harbor. I understand your disappointment. 

We where on board Azamara Onward 4 weeks ago from Lisboa to Barcelona and had an amazing Azamazing Evening in Seville and now we are on board again in the cruise from Venice to Athens and the Azamazing Evening will be in Ephesus.

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

The Harpa Concert Hall is, indeed, an amazing facility.  However, the entertainer (Greta Salome) is unbelievably talented.  We saw her on an Oceania cruise in 2017.  While we are disappointed that there won't be an AzAmazing Evening on this cruise, we can guarantee that you won't be disappointed with the entertainment.

• Like 2

AzAmazing Celebrations (azamara.com)

We are new to Azamara.  This is what is currently on their USA website.

I will be somewhat disappointed if this doesn't happen on our two Azamara cruises.  But the reality is that we booked our two cruises based on itinerary, length in ports, and value.

This is the 2023 event calendar  AzAmazing Celebrations.pdf (azamara.com)

Edited by Heartfelttraveler

not sure I would use that event calendar as definitive (possibly produced before a lot of itinerary changes)

Looking at upcoming Pursuit events

5/30/23 Bilbao.....ship departing Barcelona 5pm so will be at sea

6/13/23 Belfast...ship is overnight in Dublin

6/24/23 Tromso, Norway...ship will be in Southampton

5 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

not sure I would use that event calendar as definitive (possibly produced before a lot of itinerary changes)

Looking at upcoming Pursuit events

5/30/23 Bilbao.....ship departing Barcelona 5pm so will be at sea

6/13/23 Belfast...ship is overnight in Dublin

6/24/23 Tromso, Norway...ship will be in Southampton

I think the date is the departure date of the cruise. The port listed is where the Azamara Celebration being held, which is not on the departure date. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, betsey said:

I think the date is the departure date of the cruise. The port listed is where the Azamara Celebration being held, which is not on the departure date. 

that makes sense,,,,teaches me not to type when tired....(I do know previously the Jan/Feb Onwards on a similar list were in the wrong geography)

Edited by Scots Caz

8 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

AzAmazing Celebrations (azamara.com)

We are new to Azamara.  This is what is currently on their USA website.

I will be somewhat disappointed if this doesn't happen on our two Azamara cruises.  But the reality is that we booked our two cruises based on itinerary, length in ports, and value.

This is the 2023 event calendar  AzAmazing Celebrations.pdf (azamara.com)

Definitely do NOT rely on that calendar. 2 Azamazing that we've had in the last 3 weeks don't show and one in December that shows TBA is already set and booked. 

• Like 1

Has anybody experienced the Mystical Tales at Synchro Porto Montenegro Amazing evening in Kotor.

Its scheduled for our cruise but not sure whether it is for us or not, or more importantly if we can easily make our own way back to the ship should it not be for us

Regards

4 hours ago, Billy Butlin said:

Has anybody experienced the Mystical Tales at Synchro Porto Montenegro Amazing evening in Kotor.

Its scheduled for our cruise but not sure whether it is for us or not, or more importantly if we can easily make our own way back to the ship should it not be for us

Regards

Yes we experienced it a couple of weeks ago. It was held onboard as they said that the venue was not suitable for the weather. 

It was not to our taste. We had been to a great amazing evening the week before in Livorno at the Opera house which was wonderful (we were doing a b2b) but we were disappointed with this event, probably not helped by the fact that it was held on the ship.