Another itinerary change R319

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Hoping it will be Valencia or Alicante rather than an overnight. 

On the days with big clashes Celebrity have been moving Edge to Ibiza as a substitute but she of course is under 3,500 passengers. Will have to wait and see

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

On the days with big clashes Celebrity have been moving Edge to Ibiza as a substitute but she of course is under 3,500 passengers. Will have to wait and see

Would be happy with Ibiza, just don't want overnight in Barcelona, we have been there so many times, we struggle with 1 day there now so don't really want 2.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Would be happy with Ibiza, just don't want overnight in Barcelona, we have been there so many times, we struggle with 1 day there now so don't really want 2.

Agree, I really dislike the place nowadays.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Because the port most likely hasn’t cancelled them yet. If P&O cancel it themselves they would lose out compared to the port doing it and earning compensation for doing so. Got to be something written in the contacts between cruise companies and ports.

They could stop selling the excursions though. On land, selling things you have not got is called fraud is it not?

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

They could stop selling the excursions though. On land, selling things you have not got is called fraud is it not?

They could stop but for them the port has not been cancelled and it may not get cancelled till the very last minute It’s a waiting game. No fraud is being committed. All money would be given back like usual. 

No different to an airline that you know is going into administration and they keep selling to the very last minute incase they get brought out.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

They could stop but for them the port has not been cancelled and it may not get cancelled till the very last minute It’s a waiting game. No fraud is being committed. All money would be given back like usual. 

Like usual? You mean in a few weeks, months or whenever? Meantime you lose any interest on it and P&O gain interest on Thousands of pounds. If you see nothing wrong with this then how about you sending me a few thousands to buy Lindisfarne castle. I am going to claim it is mine. If I fail I will return your money in due course. Fair enough?

26 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Like usual? You mean in a few weeks, months or whenever? Meantime you lose any interest on it and P&O gain interest on Thousands of pounds. If you see nothing wrong with this then how about you sending me a few thousands to buy Lindisfarne castle. I am going to claim it is mine. If I fail I will return your money in due course. Fair enough?

Had an excursion cancelled before and was given back within the week. No problems can't say for all people though. Lets be realistic though it is not just P&O that do this. We all know how much you dislike P&O. Like I said Airlines do the same if they know they are going into administration they still sell tickets to the very last minute. Its business.... 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

They do have the excursions, they just might not have the berth.  However if they don't allow bookings for excursions lots of people would moan about that too.  We can't have it all ways.

On my cruise the Soller train is sold out which basically means a whole carriage. The train operators will surely be checking with the port whether the sales to P&O are viable. In fact nearly 50% of the excursions are full and I'm pretty sure the operators of them will not be at all happy with their government if and when they have to repay P&O and their guests at very late notice.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They do have the excursions, they just might not have the berth.  However if they don't allow bookings for excursions lots of people would moan about that too.  We can't have it all ways.

On my cruise the Soller train is sold out which basically means a whole carriage. The train operators will surely be checking with the port whether the sales to P&O are viable. In fact nearly 50% of the excursions are full and I'm pretty sure the operators of them will not be at all happy with their government if and when they have to repay P&O and their guests at very late notice.

This kind of contradicts the statement cruise passengers don't spend any money. We all know excursions are at least £50. I bet there aren't many beach holiday makers going on trips 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, bee-ess said:

Ibiza would suit me fine, I could arrange to meet my cousin who has lived there for over 25 years. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, carlanthony24 said:

Had an excursion cancelled before and was given back within the week. No problems can't say for all people though. Lets be realistic though it is not just P&O that do this. We all know how much you dislike P&O. Like I said Airlines do the same if they know they are going into administration they still sell tickets to the very last minute. Its business.... 

We cancelled an excursion on Azura. The money was refunded to my card by the time we got back to the cabin. Fraud ?.......no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We cancelled an excursion on Azura. The money was refunded to my card by the time we got back to the cabin. Fraud ?.......no.

One definition of fraud is selling something you do not have. It is a fraudulant transaction. P&O do not have the excursions in Palma yet are selling them. You do the math!

8 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

One definition of fraud is selling something you do not have. It is a fraudulant transaction. P&O do not have the excursions in Palma yet are selling them. You do the math!

If Palma has not yet cancelled the port visit, then P&O are committing no fraud. Once the port visit is cancelled I imagine P&O will refund any prepaid excursions.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

If I do the " math " I will probably get the same answer.....Fraud ?.....not.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I have spoken direct to the people operating the Soller train excursions on my cruise - I had the details after doing a tour with them last year when in Majorca off Celebrity Edge.  They have informed me that they cannot accommodate me on certain time trains as they have contracts with MSC, Celebrity and P&O on those trains. They have said I am welcome to book other services but looking at the timetable I'd not get as much time in Soller as I'd like so I did not book.

This would seem to prove that P&O and the other lines do currently have the excursions to sell so it is not fraudulent.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If Palma has not yet cancelled the port visit, then P&O are committing no fraud. Once the port visit is cancelled I imagine P&O will refund any prepaid excursions.

If they know beforehand that they cannot go on the excursions then they are committing an offence knowing that the port WILL cancel because it is now the law. If all are happy with paying in advance for something that will not happen then ok, so be it.

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

If I do the " math " I will probably get the same answer.....Fraud ?.....not.

So will you buy a ticket for my  pop concert in Hyde Park. They are only £50 for a two day event and if (or when) the Authorities say I cannot hold the event, (which I know I can't) then I will refund your money. Until the authorities say NO it is still on. Happy with this as it is exactly what P&O are doing?

10 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

If they know beforehand that they cannot go on the excursions then they are committing an offence knowing that the port WILL cancel because it is now the law. If all are happy with paying in advance for something that will not happen then ok, so be it.

They don’t know for certain it will be cancelled though. You are making assumptions. You are okay for the likes of Jet2, EasyJet to take money off you for Malta knowing they could go into administration at any given time. Give it a rest.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

So will you buy a ticket for my  pop concert in Hyde Park. They are only £50 for a two day event and if (or when) the Authorities say I cannot hold the event, (which I know I can't) then I will refund your money. Until the authorities say NO it is still on. Happy with this as it is exactly what P&O are doing?

Not playing.

57 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

They don’t know for certain it will be cancelled though. You are making assumptions. You are okay for the likes of Jet2, EasyJet to take money off you for Malta knowing they could go into administration at any given time. Give it a rest.

They do know it will be cancelled as it is against the new laws. As for my Jet2 going bust, I think P&O will beat them to it.  The flights have no relevance to CRUISE critics.

31 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

They do know it will be cancelled as it is against the new laws. As for my Jet2 going bust, I think P&O will beat them to it.  The flights have no relevance to CRUISE critics.

But they dont know that it's their ship that will have their berth cancelled until the port authority tell them. 

• Like 3