Tipping with kids

Curious on additional tip amount/percentage people have left for their room steward when traveling with kids. We are taking our 2 and 3 year old and of course will have them help clean up, but of course they will create more crumbs, bedding, etc than a room with just adults.

The basic tipping amount for each of your two children will be the same as for you and your wife. It will be added to your onboard account every day, unless you prepaid the gratuities. If your cabin attendant did all the extra things well, it is up to you if you want to tip more. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KansasK said:

The basic tipping amount for each of your two children will be the same as for you and your wife. It will be added to your onboard account every day, unless you prepaid the gratuities. If your cabin attendant did all the extra things well, it is up to you if you want to tip more. 

Yes, I’m asking about EXTRA 😀 I didn’t know if people had any guidance—like flat extra or extra % based on the daily gratuity amount. Hopefully that makes sense.

1 minute ago, sumrgurl99 said:

Yes, I’m asking about EXTRA 😀 I didn’t know if people had any guidance—like flat extra or extra % based on the daily gratuity amount. Hopefully that makes sense.

I would if Kids made large messes. Was lucky my Kids didnt let a crumb fall from their Mouths 😎

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sumrgurl99 said:

If I were going to pay extra, I would say $20.00 for the two kids.  The cabin attendant will only be coming once, so that partly determined what I thought. 

We sail often with our extended family that includes two grandkids. They've always had amazing cabin stewards...two towel animals per night, cookies, fruit etc...extra gratuities....you betcha !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KansasK said:

If I were going to pay extra, I would say $20.00 for the two kids.  The cabin attendant will only be coming once, so that partly determined what I thought. 

However, that means extra-extra work, since they don't have the opportunity to clean up smaller messes more often.  I'd say an extra 50% for toddlers and infants, and adjust for the age and messiness of older kids.

Edited by pcur

4 hours ago, sumrgurl99 said:

I think that you know the answer. If your kids trash the room and double the time it takes to clean it, then leave a lot more $$$ for your room steward at the end of the cruise.