What is a badge?

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

If I hover over a name I see how many posts and how many badges. For instance I have no badges. What are they, and how does one get them?

@ontheweb

There are previous threads on this forum from last year when badges for "LIVE" and/or "Just Back" Trip Report threads first started being awarded. 

In the Announcements section, see Live Cruise Reports Page. Note it states the following information:

If you have a Trip Report you would like to see on this page, please send us a message to let us know:  community@cruisecritic.com

That would be the first thing to do to nominate a "LIVE" and/or "Just Back" Trip Report thread to appear on the Live Cruise Reports page. As LauraS states in her post #84 on one of those previous threads from last year mentioned above, that will start the wheels rolling for the badge to be awarded to the member for their "LIVE" and/or "Just Back" Trip Report being on the Live Cruise Report page. We've seen over 490 members attain this badge, many of those more than once. It looks something like this but with a little oval icon on top saying Rare

"Live from...."

Now this year, in an attempt encourage members to upload their reviews they post on the boards for publication by Cruise Critic at Write a Review, there is a new badge. It looks something like this and is known as the "Great Review" badge: laptop(1).png

Since discussion of the management of this Community, including post removals, member suspensions, or any rule of participation is not allowed on the boards, re any further questions/comments/feedback note the following from the Guidelines:

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email to LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified. Any reply will be sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Hope this will be helpful,

Host Kat