Need Recommendation Please - Beach/Food comparison

Clearwater

Last time I went to St Maarten was December 2018 and went to Bikini Beach on Orient Bay.  I had a wonderful day and would like to do something similar on my next trip in April next month. 

We are seeking wonderful food directly on a beach.  I am torn between Orient Beach with Coco Beach or a return to Bikini

Or choose a new beach and see Grande Case and check out Captain Frenchy. 

We are looking for good french wine, champagne, some fun cocktails....

Nice beach chairs and umbrellas and small table for rent

Food - Beef Tartar, Escargot, mussels, frittes, Beef Carpaccio, some ceviches, Charcuterie etc versus a huge meal. 

Which is the best beach and best restaurant for this type of food and drink? I can't seem to find updated menus and reviews lately. Bikini website is broken, coco looks nice but tried to do a reservation and won't allow so wasn't sure. 

ALSO - in addition, if we have a cab driver back to the port after - is it allowed to ask them to stop at a french bakery?  WIll they keep the meter running or what is recommended?  Any great french bakeries close to the cruise port we can get dropped off and walk to ship?  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Clearwater said:

Last time I went to St Maarten was December 2018 and went to Bikini Beach on Orient Bay.  I had a wonderful day and would like to do something similar on my next trip in April next month. 

We are seeking wonderful food directly on a beach.  I am torn between Orient Beach with Coco Beach or a return to Bikini

Or choose a new beach and see Grande Case and check out Captain Frenchy. 

We are looking for good french wine, champagne, some fun cocktails....

Nice beach chairs and umbrellas and small table for rent

Food - Beef Tartar, Escargot, mussels, frittes, Beef Carpaccio, some ceviches, Charcuterie etc versus a huge meal. 

Which is the best beach and best restaurant for this type of food and drink? I can't seem to find updated menus and reviews lately. Bikini website is broken, coco looks nice but tried to do a reservation and won't allow so wasn't sure. 

ALSO - in addition, if we have a cab driver back to the port after - is it allowed to ask them to stop at a french bakery?  WIll they keep the meter running or what is recommended?  Any great french bakeries close to the cruise port we can get dropped off and walk to ship?  

Recommendations

Links to assist 

https://www.rainbowcafesxm.com

Menu. https://www.rainbowcafesxm.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Menu-Lunch-_-Dinner-.pdf

https://www.cocobeach.restaurant

Menu.   https://www.cocobeach.restaurant/menu/lunch

If websites are down, then just telephone, they will be pleased to hear from one.  Anyway it’s good to talk…..  Both restaurants will be happy to go “off menu” for one’s bespoke dining experience 

With regard to the return cab, the outward driver will be pleased to be re-booked for a timed return, where one can ask for minor detour, for which the driver will probably agree foc.

There was “La Bonne Baguette” in Phillipsburg - But never tried - Look on Trip Advisor

Good luck…

• Like 1

Thank you kindly.  Cocobeach responsed and said they are closed that day. 

So would you go to Grande Case versus Orient because of Coco closed?  Bikini beach is still open on Orient.  Wasn't sure which was better. 

13 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

Thank you kindly.  Cocobeach responsed and said they are closed that day. 

So would you go to Grande Case versus Orient because of Coco closed?  Bikini beach is still open on Orient.  Wasn't sure which was better. 

Personally, if no Coco then one would definitely take Rainbow over Bikini….it’s a no contest.

Shabby Chic and then some….

• Like 1

• 9 months later...