In person Muster Drills changing 4/1/2023?

nmuller328

6 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

More anecdotal evidence: we sail April 2nd, and I had to watch the video while checking in.

We sail April 8th and lso had to watch the video, 4 times once for each of us lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

We sail April 8th and lso had to watch the video, 4 times once for each of us lol

We're taking a family cruise. I handled check-in duties for our family and our in-laws, so I had to watch it 8 times!

I'm not worried about them seeing the video—they'll see it as soon as they turn on the TVs in their staterooms. 

Edited by dcipjr
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I did too! But I figured out how to change the video settings to speed up the playback so that helped. 

49 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

We're taking a family cruise. I handled check-in duties for our family and our in-laws, so I had to watch it 8 times!

I'm not worried about them seeing the video—they'll see it as soon as they turn on the TVs in their staterooms. 

I don't feel so bad now. I only had to watch it 3 times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Perhaps.  In person Muster Drill entailed more people than the e-Muster.  They would have people directing you where to go, people in the venue directing you to your section, people demonstrating, etc.

I have no reason to believe this, but when they announced they were going back to the Lin person Muster drills that some NCL accountant thought they would save money on the drink package, that nearly everyone has, if they had that 30 minute period before, during and after the drill where the bars were all closed.

Someone compared that with the labor cost of getting more people involved in the in person Muster drill.  Whichever was cheapest won out.  We snow know the answer.

Could be a stretch, but that's plausible in my humble estimation.

I could see it being that e-Muster requires staff to be at each station all afternoon whereas the in person only required they be there for the hour or so when everything is shutdown anyways. In that scenerio the staff can be doing their normal jobs most of the afternoon instead of standing around waiting to scan someones card. That being said ultimately it likely came down to Carnival and RC did not follow and they do not want it to be a reason someone chooses to not cruise with them. 

F&F - nephew/GF and niece/family & their in-laws, etc. sailing the Prima next month ... and they got prompted to watch the online safety video as part of the check-in, short & sweet and done.  

Probably get reminded again, still, to watch again ... still has to "report" to their assigned Assembly Station to get their cards scanned once onboard on Day 1, etc. to be considered finished.  Otherwise, online check-in will be stalled & incomplete.  

Better "watch" the video while taking a short coffee/tea/beer/beverage and/or bathroom break during the check-in, let it finish & click thru the rest of the steps.  IMHO, much easier to report in person 30 to 45 minutes before sailaway to wait for 694 others to eventually, hopefully, slowly gather to wait for the in-person drills, which you typically can't see or hear anyway, with all the chatters and heads moving around ... and the "we can't wait to get out of there" to rush for the stairs, elevators, watch the sailway, run for the nearest bar to get another drink, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We just boarded the Breakaway on Sunday.  

The old type Muster was a cluster..it was stuffy and hot.  No seating. Standing close together. Luckily it's  post covid or we could have caught something. And of course no masks..We were all ready for  munty. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Joelocal said:

The old type Muster was a cluster..it was stuffy and hot.  No seating. Standing close together. Luckily it's  post covid or we could have caught something. And of course no masks..We were all ready for  munty. 

Yep, but aren't you worried about all those who will lose their lives because of the change to eMuster?

22 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

Yep, but aren't you worried about all those who will lose their lives because of the change to eMuster?

To say  nothing about depriving the crew of the opportunity to yell at the passengers.  

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Haha 1

On my first cruise I never actually spotted where the life jacket was stored in my cabin until I was packing which would have been far more useful info than anything in the Munster drill.  Turned out it was under the bed in the storage basket the steward used for the throw pillows. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

On my first cruise I never actually spotted where the life jacket was stored in my cabin until I was packing which would have been far more useful info than anything in the Munster drill.  Turned out it was under the bed in the storage basket the steward used for the throw pillows. 

Wow! 

I love not having the in-person muster drill but I do check to make sure there are 2 adult life jackets in both our cabins and I make my family go to the location of their life boats so we know where to actually go in an emergency. I can be a bit of a nervous nelly when it comes to my family's safety, they make fun of me but I don't care, lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Dear lord this topic is sickening lol!

Yet, here we are.

9 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Give everyone the opportunity to complain about the same thing that they have been since it switched back

I might need a flow chart to figure out what this is saying.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

Yet, here we are.

I might need a flow chart to figure out what this is saying.

Every thread involving muster drill ends up being the same stuff that I read on every other thread regarding this. Emuster is back, everyone be happy lol

3 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Every thread involving muster drill ends up being the same stuff that I read on every other thread regarding this. Emuster is back, everyone be happy lol

We are!  That's why your comment about everyone complaining confused me.  I'm not seeing many complaints about the eMuster.  Quite the opposite.  OTOH, there will always be one or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I won't be happy until there are at least 7 threads in the forum about emuster.

Right! 7 threads all saying the same thing....Emuster is bad, In person muster is bad! Dear lord, lets talk about something else.....maybe Tipping lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bottles fit better in the outside pocket of my backpack or in my bag if on shore excursions etc....so I use the cartons when I drink water in my cabin and I fill the water in a bottle when I go ashore.

Anyway...why does the water come in cartons and the straws are paperstraws but often drinks come in a cheapish one-way plastic cup?😜

• Like 1