NCL Jewel Haven Questions

cjkraemer

I have only sailed in the Haven on Breakaway Plus Class of ships, so I am used to a bar, lounge, restaurant and Concierge desk.  I am debating on going on the Jewel but a little uneasy on the Haven. I can't really find a lot of information like where is the Concierge at or do they serve drinks in the courtyard.   Any advise would be great.

4 hours ago, cjkraemer said:

I have only sailed in the Haven on Breakaway Plus Class of ships, so I am used to a bar, lounge, restaurant and Concierge desk.  I am debating on going on the Jewel but a little uneasy on the Haven. I can't really find a lot of information like where is the Concierge at or do they serve drinks in the courtyard.   Any advise would be great.

Only did Gem for that class.  I'd call any regular staff non existent.  There was a guy from like 8-5 but not really engaged.  The pool area not big.  There is a nice outside area up top.

We had a forward facing room with large balcony so didn't use the area much.  Found it easier to pop down to 12 and get drinks at main pool bar.

The prices for those rooms still crazy high.

We've sailed the Gem many times.  There is a Courtyard butler who will serve breakfast and lunch in the Courtyard and will also get drink orders.  As mentioned, he's only there from like 7-5 and isn't in constant attendance.  Sometimes you have to wait awhile for him to appear and take your order.

The Concierge is usually in the bar area of Moderno during breakfast and maybe lunch time.  Otherwise he's a phone call away.

The Haven area is small.  There is the small pool, and a hot tub and lounge chairs.  The upstairs area is really nice with big cushiony seating.  Just an FYI, the only way to access the upper sundeck area is a short flight of stairs.

While it doesn't have all the amenities of the larger Havens on newer ships, if you can get a good deal or an upgrade it's a nice place.  I just don't feel it's worth the prices they are currently charging.  On the Jewel class my feeling is that a non-haven suite with all the other amenities is probably the way to go.

Enjoy, whatever you decide.

• Like 1

I sailed on the Pearl in the Haven last June.  I've never sailed in the haven on a larger ship.  Since the Pearl is also Jewel class, they should be very similar.

Honestly, while I think the "suite" adds a lot of benefit to the cruise for me, I don't know that the actual "haven" makes that much difference.  As long as we get suite benefits, including breakfast & lunch, I'm good.  

There are three of us sailing together so we really like the two bedroom suites which we could only book in the haven (actually not sure if they are available as suites outside the haven if they aren't grabbed up before we book).  There are two bedroom "suites" that don't get suite benefits.

The haven part - there isn't really "good" food / beverages.  The quiet lounge area on the main haven deck as well as higher up is nice, but it was HOT in the main haven deck part of the time.  The two hot tubs were great as the ones on the pool deck are frequently crowded.  I never made it into the infinity pool, but want to this coming cruise (I am on the Jewel Apr 9 - 16 in the haven)

The suites that have "suite privileges" (not "mini-suites") do eat in the same place as the Haven guests. I've had "suite privileges" in the past (actually on the Jewel Panama transit repositioning cruise) and had breakfast & lunch in the same place as the Haven guests.

19 minutes ago, cjkraemer said:

Do the Concierge suites and Haven share the same restraunts for lunch and dinner?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Concierge suites" as NCL doesn’t have anything that goes by that name. On the Jewel  class ships there are suites and Haven suites, both of which have concierge service. 

The suites and Haven suites use the same restaurants for breakfast and lunch.  There is no separate dinner restaurant for either suites or Haven suites on the Jewel class ships. The Haven dining room is only a feature on the ships built after the Jewel class, from Epic forward. 

Edited by njhorseman

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 1:14 PM, FLAHAM said:

The Haven’s “small pool” is a swim-against-the-current infinite lap pool.  It is quite possibly the best place in the NCL fleet to get in a real swim.  

Thanks for the info