Bottled Water Package

Ormond

8 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

Why not drink the tap water?

Some of us need all the water - tap, bottled, found on ship, etc.  I am quick to dehydrate and I take the steps to ensure it doesn't happen, having bottles in the room is a small cost to do that.  I drink a lot of water and it's a PITA to fill from the room tap and we can also keep some bottles cooler in the fridge which I prefer.

• Like 2

I bought the old package, for the sale price of $14.14 with tax for 12 bottles (12 oz size) and my cruise is on April 1. They're not offering that price any longer and now it says it's 1 liter bottles. Does anyone know what you actually end up with in your room?

8 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

Why not drink the tap water?

I do, but my wife prefers bottled. She has a medical condition that requires her to stay hydrated and she likes the taste better, she drinks multiple bottles per day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, njsmom said:

I bought the old package, for the sale price of $14.14 with tax for 12 bottles (12 oz size) and my cruise is on April 1. They're not offering that price any longer and now it says it's 1 liter bottles. Does anyone know what you actually end up with in your room?

Fingers crossed you just got a bargain on the new package and it's the Evian advertised now.  I had one booked at the old package and almost left it but snagged a deal on the new one so just cancelled it since it wasn't even showing on my profile and I didn't want to have to worry about it!

10 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Fingers crossed you just got a bargain on the new package and it's the Evian advertised now.  I had one booked at the old package and almost left it but snagged a deal on the new one so just cancelled it since it wasn't even showing on my profile and I didn't want to have to worry about it!

my old purchase still shows up under my orders, so we'll see what happens!

I can’t find the link to post but there was a recent study done on reusable water bottles.  They found them to be dirtier (higher bacteria counts) than the toilet seat.  If you run yours through the dishwasher daily you’re good but otherwise I’ll stick to my disposable ones on a cruise.   

I have the cheaper water packages purchased through the end of the year.  I wonder what brand we’ll get?  Guessing it’s the cheap stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

The Wonder for Thanksgiving was RCL branded water in the can.  

Personal preference, don’t like drinking out of a can.  Want water in part to take off ship in port.  Wonder if you can elect to not accept canned vs bottled water if that’s what’s delivered to stateroom?

8 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Personal preference, don’t like drinking out of a can.  Want water in part to take off ship in port.  Wonder if you can elect to not accept canned vs bottled water if that’s what’s delivered to stateroom?

We ordered pre-cruise for in cabin and weren't given an option.  

• Like 1

I didn't even realize pre-ordering water was an option. With the current pricing, it's going to cost me about $2.60 per bottle, but the listing does say 1liter bottles (not brand specific though). Easier than carrying on the allowed quantity. Does canned water come in 1 liter size?

On 3/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

I can’t find the link to post but there was a recent study done on reusable water bottles.  They found them to be dirtier (higher bacteria counts) than the toilet seat.  If you run yours through the dishwasher daily you’re good but otherwise I’ll stick to my disposable ones on a cruise.   

So it's a toss up.  Your health, which is probably immune to any bacteria residual in a reusable water bottle because you've drank out of it for years, versus the overfilled landfills where plastic doesn't degrade or the oceans where plastic just floats around like sargassum.🤔

Additionally, lots of people comment on the taste ship versus bottle.  There really shouldn't be any "taste" from either unless something gets added. 

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure the ship recycles plastic.  We recycle at home although I know not everything you send to recycling does get recycled.  We didn’t use to live in an area where it was done.  I’m happy we can do it now through our garbage collection.  

19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Additionally, lots of people comment on the taste ship versus bottle.  There really shouldn't be any "taste" from either unless something gets added. 

Not everyone's palate can discern differences in water, I envy them a bit since it can make me very picky about water.  Most brands of water taste differently to me, as does most tap. Then again I'm the same way with coffee since I drink it black and can pick up all the nuances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

So it's a toss up.  Your health, which is probably immune to any bacteria residual in a reusable water bottle because you've drank out of it for years, versus the overfilled landfills where plastic doesn't degrade or the oceans where plastic just floats around like sargassum.🤔

I was on a ship once where the water coming out of the tap was literally brown. I can assure you that water had a "taste". Yes we complained to guest services. (The jacuzzi tub in the suite was unusable due to the disgusting looking brown water). No, nothing was ever done to rectify the situation. My guess is there was scale or corrosion in the holding tanks or pipes going to the aft cabins. We had family members staying in a different suite, aft, on the opposite side of the ship. They also had disgusting brown water. 

I know people want to suggest that the tap water is perfectly fine to drink but that simply is not always the case.