MSC Travel Agent Mixup

jlandryst

32 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

....Sounds to me like you're making this into a permanent cash cow....

You nailed it, precisely! Now we're gonna get this debacle gone all over again from divina!! 😲

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm really trying to figure this out.  Maybe my comprehension is slow...but, you had a YC booked.  MSC decided to make it a salsa cruise (what exactly is a salsa cruise?) and you had a choice: refund or lesser cabin with no YC benefits.  You chose the refund,

What do you expect from "existing reservations", the staff on the ship for your current sailing/and or benefits that have been to you for prior sailings?

Did you have flight/hotel reservations?  Did you have time off from work?  Did you lose any time/money because of the fiasco?

Sounds to me like you're making this into a permanent cash cow.

I mean no disrespect, and this would have angered me too....I just want to know what your loss was.

A salsa cruise was 2500 people who brought $100,000 worth of their own entertainment and will play till 5 am every night.

Google salsa cruise sinphonia  and see.

I am out $400 in attorney fees. $532 in insurance costs . $350 or so on a limo. And I lost my cruise for my birthday.

I expect existing to do nothing like the 100 other emails but when I get on ship I can show them that they never ever respond. I play my recording, they assure me they will look into it immediately and will get back to me within 48 hours .

They realize they cannot do anything, so I ask if customer service outright lied to me and box them into a corner.

So either make it right or pass the milk can.

13 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@mscdivina2016 You can afford the YC; a $1500 loss isn't a financial hardship.  You'll get another b'day....every year...for the rest of your life!

There comes a time to move on.  It's your choice...... enjoy your cruises or alienate the staff.

It's management that is sticking it to the staff. You would not believe what they do every sailing I am on. Sure there is a file that's why they do this one thing I won't elaborate on.

This is a company that could care less about customers and staff.

I wonder just by encouraging people to use a travel agent how much I have cost them. They now need to fork over 15% commission on each booking.

I won't let it go, I have nothing better to do really. Actually it's fun, especially when I get the same YC manager on more than one occasion. So far I have had one 3 times.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Most TA's offer some sort of OBC.  I'd find out what OBC the wrong TA is offering for a similar booking...after all, they got a booking they weren't expecting.

I did and the other TA claimed they weren't making any money off the booking and offered me 1/4 of the OBC my original TA offered