Fee for Continental Breakfast Menu?

BCOS

We will be aboard the Jewel in May, and are currently booked in a Club Balcony Suite. 

This page on the NCL site lists the continental breakfast menu as an Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenity of having a Club Balcony Suite. 

Is there an additional fee to make use of this benefit? 

4 minutes ago, BCOS said:

We will be aboard the Jewel in May, and are currently booked in a Club Balcony Suite. 

This page on the NCL site lists the continental breakfast menu as an Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenity of having a Club Balcony Suite. 

I don't believe so since you are in a Club level. 

It occurred to me (after I inquired here) that I could ask the NCL chat agent. They said we can order 2x during our 7-day cruise without incurring a fee.  

Mitchtech, I see that this is also listed in the amenities for regular balconies, for whatever that's worth.

I've looked online for a menu but so far haven't discovered one. I realize it's not a huge perk, but I like the idea of having a [free] carafe of coffee delivered to the room at an early hour so our family's early risers can bundle up and drink coffee on the balcony while watching the scenery.

Edited by BCOS

Going from memory, but I think the Continental Breakfast Menu is pretty standard fare….

-coffee

-milk

-toast

-croissants

-cereal

-yogurt

Don’t remember a fee the last time I cruised NCL in a Club Balcony.  But, I think I only ordered room service a couple of times.

Edited by graphicguy

43 minutes ago, BCOS said:

I was just about to answer your question with a “it’s not a perk” statement, but decided to check the web site. You’re right, it is listed as an amenity, both 24 hour room service and continental breakfast. I know it wasn’t included in our past two cruises in January on the Bliss and February on the Joy, both in Club Balcony suites. Maybe NCL’s amended the perks.

7 minutes ago, BCOS said:

Sounds like at least the breakfast menu is complimentary 2x in the Club Balcony Suite.

breakfast is not complimentary. Room service Breakfast is $4.95 as of Jan. 2023.

I believe the 2x benefit being referenced is the treats they deliver twice. One night it’s a plate with some little chocolate treat, the other night it’s cookies.  

NCL agents are often clueless on details.

Edited by laudergayle

9 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

... NCL agents are often clueless on details.

Ditto ... NCL's marketing is what I've called & considered, the art of deception - cautions for the less than well informed passengers beware with extra due diligence.  

Non-breakfast, regular room service (aside from Haven & suites) is $9.95 - hot/cold breakfast delivered (yes, that is if one wish for a pot of coffee alone) at $4.95 - PLUS 20% service charge ! ! ! 

I don't see them waiving it with that many club balconies onboard a typical NCL ship.  Who's going to pay for Frank's rich compensation package doing consulting work 😁 😁 😁 

17 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

breakfast is not complimentary. Room service Breakfast is $4.95 as of Jan. 2023.

I believe the 2x benefit being referenced is the treats they deliver twice. One night it’s a plate with some little chocolate treat, the other night it’s cookies.  

NCL agents are often clueless on details.

That’s what I thought, but it clearly states on the web site that it’s a perk.

1 minute ago, gmbhardy said:

That’s what I thought, but it clearly states on the web site that it’s a perk.

Yeah I saw that…it’s one of those fluff benefits—something that’s available to everyone…for a fee. 

19 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yeah I saw that…it’s one of those fluff benefits—something that’s available to everyone…for a fee. 

I understand what you’re saying. I think most people would understand that to mean it was an included perk. That’s really misleading and misrepresenting the product.

• Like 1

I do remember when ALL room service was complimentary.

You could even get dinner delivered that was off the menu in the mdr.

We never used it much, but we did like getting coffee, pastries and fruit delivered in the morning at a specific time as a kind of wake up call.

I probably won't pay 4.95+ for that service, even though it's a small amount in the overall scheme of things.

I remember when all room service was free with a tip. I would leave a stack of ones for my kids and they would always order responsibly and tip well (sometimes too well). I  would kid with them to not automatically order room service in a hotel LOL.  Boy have things changed.