LIVE ALASKA NCL BLISS 04-22-2023 to 04-29-2023 Review

graphicguy

Just checked flights.  All good.  Weather is holding steady, which is good.  Hold the mail….CHECK!

I know I’m packing my Cincinnati Reds and Cincinnati Bengals hoodies.  That leaves the one that I’ll wear on the flight, and another plain ‘ole sweatshirt….4 in total.  Trying to decide on weatherproof pants, or just plain old jeans.  Maybe wear jeans, and bring 3 pr of khakis, one pr weather proof.

Hiking boots, which should double as my dress shoes for dining in LeBistro.  Tennis shoes for traipsing around the ship.

Downloaded the NCL app.  Watched the safety vid (2X).  Probably have to watch it again when on board.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I don't have a traditional drink once I'm on board and settled in.  I'm a beer and bourbon kind of guy.  Thinking of getting something "foo-foo" as a new tradition.  Have to ponder, and am open for suggestions.

Can't go wrong with a Pineapple Coconut Mojito 

• Like 2

I’m voting for a mudslide with lunch.  It’s more like a milkshake . And, once the real drinking begins, you’ll never order another one…until your next cruise.  Bon Voyage 🛳️ 

74D4AD82-FB6A-46DF-92F8-079B9566B437.jpeg

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I’m voting for a mudslide with lunch.  It’s more like a milkshake . And, once the real drinking begins, you’ll never order another one…until your next cruise.  Bon Voyage 🛳️ 

Second, on the mudslide at lunch or sail away. You can switch over to the Bourbons after that...

• Like 2

I’m on Bliss now.  Boarding to empty ship was unbelievable.  One hour from hotel Uber pickup to being on board at 10:00. First beer in hand at local about 10:15.  Rooms were available and luggage there when we walked up after lunch. Very full ship but no issues.  Steward is nice and reliable.  Buffet is crowded, but once we find a table no problems. Plenty of bartenders and servers.  Should be the same next week. I heard anywhere from 4300 to 4500 this week. More kids than usual, but it’s nice to see them have fun. 

ETA: muster was less than 60 seconds. Nice 

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 14

On 4/12/2023 at 6:49 AM, SightCRR said:

Sit on the left side of train going up. Mountains / valleys view is much better. If not to cold go to the end of train car on platform if you have chance.  sightcrr

Great info.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I take cleanliness seriously

I’m right there with you. I can’t do a messy home or ship cabin. I keep everything picked up and out away so the room looks fresh when I get back.

Hoping the once a day service doesn’t mean my service items/trash, used towels (on vacation, my splurge is a fresh daily towel), and my mostly already made up bed are still done before late afternoon. While I don’t neeeeeed it, I might miss the 2nd even refresher that use to happen. 

Re: foo-foo drink, Mango Meltdown with a champagne float makes it  ..extra. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I’m on Bliss now.  Boarding to empty ship was unbelievable.  One hour from hotel Uber pickup to being on board at 10:00. First beer in hand at local about 10:15.  Rooms were available and luggage there when we walked up after lunch. Very full ship but no issues.  Steward is nice and reliable.  Buffet is crowded, but once we find a table no problems. Plenty of bartenders and servers.  Should be the same next week. I heard anywhere from 4300 to 4500 this week. More kids than usual, but it’s nice to see them have fun. 

Get a mudslide! And, blow some bubbles. 🙂

Have a most wonderful time exploring Alaska's early season! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Great to hear.  All’s normal!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I always thought 2X/day cabin service was a bit much.  If there are 3 bath towels (which seems to be the minimum), I’m good for the day.  If you need extra, just ask.

I don’t need my bed to be made up 2X/day.  Once is fine.  

I don’t keep glasses, dishes, half eaten food everywhere.  If I dine in the cabin, it’s only for breakfast.  And, the steward always takes everything away when s/he services my cabin.

All good for me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I always thought 2X/day cabin service was a bit much.  If there are 3 bath towels (which seems to be the minimum), I’m good for the day.  If you need extra, just ask.

I don’t need my bed to be made up 2X/day.  Once is fine.  

I don’t keep glasses, dishes, half eaten food everywhere.  If I dine in the cabin, it’s only for breakfast.  And, the steward always takes everything away when s/he services my cabin.

All good for me.

I agree for the most part but we are three women this time (not my usual) and I have heard on some ships they leave the 3rd bed out all day making the closet difficult to use.  3 women no closet?  Chaos may insue.  LOL.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I don't have a traditional drink once I'm on board and settled in.  I'm a beer and bourbon kind of guy.  Thinking of getting something "foo-foo" as a new tradition.  Have to ponder, and am open for suggestions.

I'm a simple Jack and Diet Coke kind a girl.  But in Alaska I've been know to have a Hot Chocolate with Baileys.  The Carribean is aways a Margaritta.  Let your festive mood dictate you beverage.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I agree for the most part but we are three women this time (not my usual) and I have heard on some ships they leave the 3rd bed out all day making the closet difficult to use.  3 women no closet?  Chaos may insue.  LOL.

I get it.  If I had a cabin with more than 2 people staying in it, I may view it differently.  As of right now, no harm-no foul!

It's good to read that others are off to a grand start to the Alaska season on the Bliss.

I just pulled out my roll aboard.  That means laundry and packing come next.

• Like 8

Open question for my packing list:

Am I allowed to bring those pocket hottie pack hand warmers? I don’t see them on the prohibited list listed.

I’ve looked at packing lists and there isn’t much listed recently - a few posts from 2007/2008 and 2019.  

A set in my pant and vest pockets and I can sit in windy 40 degrees all day no problem. (PNW fall soccer games have trained me well for outside cold. [I don’t play, just watch :)])

25 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Open question for my packing list:

Am I allowed to bring those pocket hottie pack hand warmers? I don’t see them on the prohibited list listed.

I’ve looked at packing lists and there isn’t much listed recently - a few posts from 2007/2008 and 2019.  

A set in my pant and vest pockets and I can sit in windy 40 degrees all day no problem. (PNW fall soccer games have trained me well for outside cold. [I don’t play, just watch :)])

I think you’re good.  Have seen others use them when cruising!

• Thanks 1