LIVE ALASKA NCL BLISS 04-22-2023 to 04-29-2023 Review

graphicguy

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We took the cheapo bus excursion to the Canadian border and it was snowing near the top. Spectacular! 

Pics? Please.  Also so happy that you and DW did a B2B…and so spontaneous at that.  I hope to be that someday!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Pics? Please.  Also so happy that you and DW did a B2B…and so spontaneous at that.  I hope to be that someday!

Thx. I’ll try to get pics from DW and post when we’re home. 

We actually had the B2B booked for a long time. I was just joking around. It’s a 🐀 trait, at least in the old 🐀‘s. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

I meant is it on a Nitro tap. I didn't realize they had it at the brew house.

I believe it is a nitro tap. Aren’t most/all Guinness taps nitro?  NCL brewhouses are the only places I can get Guinness from the tap.  It is delicious. 😎

I will commit to continuing “research.”🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I believe it is a nitro tap. Aren’t most/all Guinness taps nitro?  NCL brewhouses are the only places I can get Guinness from the tap.  It is delicious. 😎

I will commit to continuing “research.”🤣

Shows how much I know!!!!!  LOL!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It’s super secret, but let’s just say the brew house had to check their beer budget after they finally kicked us out, allegedly for some function that would help them repair that budget.

@YVRteacher  please check my sig. That will be your first step on an incredible journey. @graphicguyhas mostly survived.   

Incredible?  We’ll, as Doctor Evil would say, “I really can’t back that up”. 🤣

Mission accepted!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:36 PM, graphicguy said:

Treats were actually provided as part of being Sapphire Latitudes!

Actually, not Sapphire perks.  We received the same items in cabin as organizer of our Meet and Greet.  You are listed as VIP on this cruise as organizer of M&G. You will receive invites to things like private cocktail parties and receive enhanced afternoon amenities in cabin. 
Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Teppanyaki was good last night.  But, whether you go to Benihana on land, or Teppanyaki on NCL, the presentation’s the same.  The flavors are the same ( or at least, similar)!

Entertainment…the main shows they don’t allow photos.  Have only seen Jersey Boys, but it was great.  I’ve seen the traveling Jersey Boys and this show is the same.  All are good!

Six is Friday!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Teppanyaki was good last night.  But, whether you go to Benihana on land, or Teppanyaki on NCL, the presentation’s the same.  The flavors are the same ( or at least, similar)!

Entertainment…the main shows they don’t allow photos.  Have only seen Jersey Boys, but it was great.  I’ve seen the traveling Jersey Boys and this show is the same.  All are good!

Six is Friday!

At the end of Six they invite you to take pictures/videos, so be prepared to start snapping! It's an amazing show - I never get tired of it.

• Like 3

Dan - just dropping in to say hi, typing on my Chromebook and signed out of the Pixel 7 Pro, which has work really work in general.  EMC's satellite WiFi in my end of the Atlantic (middle of nowhere, currently about 1,000 nm from next port of call) still holding up - decent speed.  

You got great pictures, Alaska is one of those on our repeat / return to list, just like Hawaii but perhaps not POA again.  Now that DW likes these longer cruises - going to be difficult to slot everything ahead without put a serious dent in (and going way over) our annual travel, leisure & vacation budget, haha.  Being happily retired is a good thing with serious challenges.  

Going to scroll thru this thread later once we get back to our hi-speed Fios ... got plans for some of the ports but other stops en route, just going to wing it and "wake up" our best pal or buddy, name is okay "Google" and Hola, Live Translate.  

Best wishes & regards, looks like you are having a blast and getting pampered & showered with appreciations by the onboard management, good.  Chat later !!

• Like 3