Cautionary Tale - if you notice your C&A # isn't on your booking, DON'T ADD IT

Sigh, still on hold.  Made a payment on an upcoming cruise and saw my C&A # was missing so I added it and saved and got this error:

image.png.62d1fb69082baa287a6b74976cb8b52d.png

AND then I got an updated booking with all discounts from the original booking removed, and my balance now $1860 higher. They had better resolve this, none of those discounts were first time cruiser - it's the same discounts from the current ever extending sale!

Update, they "fixed" it but I'll be staying on top of this.  I have an updated booking which reflects the correct balance due but just shows a lower "fare" so it doesn't show the discounts, which may be how they had to do it and either way, as long as my balance is going down and not UP I'm ok with it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This happened to me when I added a contact phone number after the fact.  Didn't think anything about it until I got a "new" invoice.  Like you, they basically had to manually input the net price without showing the discounts, etc.  Luckily (I guess) there was never a price drop as I don't know how they would have handled that.

• Like 1

Once several cruises ago I tried to make a partial payment online and they charged my CC the entire fare!😲  which I was totally unprepared for so that's the last time, I always call now if I want to make a payment and tell them exactly what amount.  Otherwise, I never make payments any more nor pay it off early, you have more leverage if you owe the whole thing at final payment if something like this goes wrong.

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

This happened to me when I added a contact phone number after the fact.  Didn't think anything about it until I got a "new" invoice.  Like you, they basically had to manually input the net price without showing the discounts, etc.  Luckily (I guess) there was never a price drop as I don't know how they would have handled that.

Sigh, will not make any other changes - I had a few more to make payments on and didn't both checking anything else!

This is the only one I'm hoping for a deal to try and upgrade so I think I could still do that but I could see this being problematic for price drops!

29 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Once several cruises ago I tried to make a partial payment online and they charged my CC the entire fare!😲  which I was totally unprepared for so that's the last time, I always call now if I want to make a payment and tell them exactly what amount.  Otherwise, I never make payments any more nor pay it off early, you have more leverage if you owe the whole thing at final payment if something like this goes wrong.

I worry about that but thankfully so far the system seems to be accurate for that portion of the program!

I have gone six months with three cruises sitting in my completed list on crown and anchor and they haven't been able to update me from emerald.  I don't know how many calls, emails, and whatnot I have done.  Their customer service stinks. 

2 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

I have gone six months with three cruises sitting in my completed list on crown and anchor and they haven't been able to update me from emerald.  I don't know how many calls, emails, and whatnot I have done.  Their customer service stinks. 

Have you tried the fix of going into your profile, deleting your C&A number, typing it back in again and saving? That has worked for a lot of people so it might help you too.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:26 PM, ShillyShally said:

Sigh, still on hold.  Made a payment on an upcoming cruise and saw my C&A # was missing so I added it and saved and got this error:

image.png.62d1fb69082baa287a6b74976cb8b52d.png

AND then I got an updated booking with all discounts from the original booking removed, and my balance now $1860 higher. They had better resolve this, none of those discounts were first time cruiser - it's the same discounts from the current ever extending sale!

I changed the bed configuration and got this error message. Couldn’t see any change in price though. 

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

I changed the bed configuration and got this error message. Couldn’t see any change in price though. 

Fingers crossed they didn’t change anything for you! I got an updated invoice where I saw all the discounts gone and my balance due over $1800 higher!

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Have you tried the fix of going into your profile, deleting your C&A number, typing it back in again and saving? That has worked for a lot of people so it might help you too.

This is what I had to do for myself and my husband as per someone through the Crown and Anchor line and it worked for both of us (two different issues with our accounts-mine wasn’t showing upon login for some reason and my husbands wasn’t accurate). They were both accurate on the agents end and updated as soon as I re-entered the numbers. 

• Like 1