Anytime dining question from a first-time solo cruiser

liketotravel

I'm new to Celebrity cruiseline and also a first-time solo cruiser.  I have chosen "anytime" dining.  Will I be able to be seated with other passengers?  A friend told me during covid that that wasn't allowed.  I'm wondering if things have changed since time has passed and I'll be able to be seated with others?

• Host Kat changed the title to Anytime dining question from a first-time solo cruiser
On 3/23/2023 at 1:49 PM, liketotravel said:

I'm new to Celebrity cruiseline and also a first-time solo cruiser.  I have chosen "anytime" dining.  Will I be able to be seated with other passengers?  A friend told me during covid that that wasn't allowed.  I'm wondering if things have changed since time has passed and I'll be able to be seated with others?

Hi, you might want to post this question on the Celebrity Forum.

I was on Celebrity a couple of months ago. I could have sat at a table with others, but usually chose to sit by myself. A couple of months before the cruise, I had made reservations for the same time for each night of the cruise, so I got the same waitstaff and same location every night. Every night I ended up at a 2-top in a row with other 2-tops. I had great conversations with the couples I was seated next to.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Not sure if your cruise has passed or not, but on my first Celebrity cruise this past January, there was a 10-seat table reserved every night for solo cruisers to meet and dine together. Most people usually came around 6 or so, though of course that will vary for each cruise. That might be worth looking into. I took advantage a couple of times and enjoyed it.

• Like 1