Booking entertainment - Has it stopped?

Dinglebert

On my cruise planner there was a section about being able to book entertainment from21st March for our April cruise.   Along came the 21st March but there is nothing anywhere i can see about booking entertainment.  Has this now gone back to normal?

Hello Dinglebert

I telephoned P&O yesterday as I am also meant to be able to pre book my entertainment now for an upcoming cruise on Ventura, The woman I spoke to said that it is still bookable and to keep an eye out on my cruise personaliser.  Hope this helps.

It doesn’t always come up on the day they say. Try the next day a few times. Some could also pop up anytime before the cruise. 
if not book it all or any missing days as soon as you get onboard. We did even before we ate 🤣

42 minutes ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

I'm on G312 on the 29th April and it says on the planner Restaurants excreta can be book from the 15th April  so 2 weeks before.

Also some shows in the theatre will be bookable in advance and also Wavelength (Ben Shepherd quiz)....don't bother.

• Haha 2

Do keep trying (although from experience it can be hard not to be obsessive and keep logging in, esp. for those of us who like to plan several of these things before we board!).

P&O’s IT team barely even flirts with competence at the best of times, but occasionally it just about works enough so I’m sure it will eventually allow you to.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:10 AM, Joysey said:

I telephoned P&O yesterday as I am also meant to be able to pre book my entertainment now for an upcoming cruise on Ventura, The woman I spoke to said that it is still bookable and to keep an eye out on my cruise personaliser.  Hope this helps.

P&O announced weeks ago that the pre booking nonsense had stopped on the 4 smallest ships, so that includes Ventura. I've just checked their website and under the heading "Here's how My Holiday works differently on each of our ships..." it confirms that there is mercifully no booking involved for entertainment or Freedom dining on any of the 4 smaller/older ships.

That's the one aspect of my April cruise on Arcadia that I'm still looking forward to. Everything else about the trip has been completely ruined for me by the fact that the price is now advertised as more than £800 less than I have paid for it after booking at launch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valfan said:

Everything else about the trip has been completely ruined for me by the fact that the price is now advertised as more than £800 less than I have paid for it after booking at launch.

After years of booking on launch day I fear that it no longer the way to go. We have got around it by moving our next 2 cruises to different dates and to cruises with high OBC that 'negates' the extra we have paid originally. We didn't book on launch day last time and won't be again unless things change.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Valfan said:

P&O announced weeks ago that the pre booking nonsense had stopped on the 4 smallest ships, so that includes Ventura. I've just checked their website and under the heading "Here's how My Holiday works differently on each of our ships..." it confirms that there is mercifully no booking involved for entertainment or Freedom dining on any of the 4 smaller/older ships.

That's the one aspect of my April cruise on Arcadia that I'm still looking forward to. Everything else about the trip has been completely ruined for me by the fact that the price is now advertised as more than £800 less than I have paid for it after booking at launch.

Interesting to read reports from Aurora today that people are still joining virtual queues for freedom dining. It is of course optional, but I do hope that they keep this option for those of us who like to use the My Holiday “app”.

On 3/26/2023 at 8:44 AM, bee-ess said:

After years of booking on launch day I fear that it no longer the way to go. We have got around it by moving our next 2 cruises to different dates and to cruises with high OBC that 'negates' the extra we have paid originally. We didn't book on launch day last time and won't be again unless things change.

You're right, the old idea of booking at launch has gone now. I've not even looked at advanced brochures for the last two P&O launches, and won't be doing so ever again. The trouble for me is I had a few future cruises booked before the goalposts were moved.

I've been really stung and disillusioned by what's happened with the price for my forthcoming Arcadia 19-nighter, and I have another even longer future cruise booked, so I'll probably end up moving it to something else. I couldn't handle all the intrigue and heartache all over again. It's too soul destroying.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:12 AM, Spike11 said:

Interesting to read reports from Aurora today that people are still joining virtual queues for freedom dining. It is of course optional, but I do hope that they keep this option for those of us who like to use the My Holiday “app”.

Lots queueing at 5.30 for freedom opening at 6. Think they may be after tables for two, of which there are not many. I always dine fixed at 8. No queues! Fixed times on Aurora were 6 and 8.

47 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Lots queueing at 5.30 for freedom opening at 6. Think they may be after tables for two, of which there are not many. I always dine fixed at 8. No queues! Fixed times on Aurora were 6 and 8.

Are you sure it wasn't 6:30 and 8:30? That's always been the times for Club Dining when I've been on Aurora, including last Nov/Dec.

We have just returned from a cruise on Britannia.  We booked some of our evening entertainment before we left home, the rest we booked on board.  The Headliners Theatre was full most evenings and some people who hadn’t booked were turned away.