Alcohol brought onboard

Abby Normal

I did read on a group page that they are changing the policy as of July 1 to one bottle per passenger. How petty is that? I was finally coming to terms with bringing two 750ml bottles on our July sailing and now this petty move. I have had a booking on Summit in July for some time now and I plan to fully enjoy it (trying Aqua and Blu for the first time), but that's it. We did Oceania in March and have another sailing for 2024 booked. I see no reason to look back at this point. They allow 6 bottles of wine aboard Oceania. I only brought 3 with me on our sailing, but it's nice to have that flexibility and get treated like an adult. Also their food is 100Xs better (I'll see how Blu compares) and all the specialty restaurants are included. I know Celebrity is trying to gain back losses from the shut down, but I don't think they should punish their customers. I mean how much revenue do they think they are going to gain by only allowing one bottle per person? For what it's worth, on our upcoming sailing, I have a beverage package. I just wanted to bring a couple bottles of my own wine to enjoy in the cabin while I get ready for dinner and on the veranda. I don't want the inconvenience of having to change from my bathrobe into clothes to go to a bar and bring a glass of wine to the cabin while I'm getting ready. Also the wine I was planning on bringing is far better than the mediocre wine I can get on the ship. After this sailing I'm done.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, Bo1953 said:

I must say, IME, it is very difficult for one to get the Riedel wine glasses... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

As of my last few Celebrity cruises it appears the Reidel wine glasses show up more frequently. Before retiring for the night I always grab a couple from one of the bars to use for next evening. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

I have a beverage package. I just wanted to bring a couple bottles of my own wine to enjoy in the cabin while I get ready for dinner and on the veranda. I don't want the inconvenience of having to change from my bathrobe into clothes to go to a bar and bring a glass of wine to the cabin while I'm getting ready. Also the wine I was planning on bringing is far better than the mediocre wine I can get on the ship. After this sailing I'm done.

I'm the same minus the beverage package. I like to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner on my balcony as well and select the wines I take onboard from my own Cellar at home.  I won't say I'm done with Celebrity as now Elite plus so want to use some benefits but I have also cruised with a couple of other lines. 

On 3/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, Abby Normal said:

Hi All,
There is a lot of confusion over Celebrity’s alcohol policy.  The website indicates that 2 bottles of wine per stateroom may be brought onboard at embarkation, while it states 2 bottles per adult in another place.  Has anyone tested 2 bottles per person yet?  There is also debate as to the corkage fee.  Does anyone have recent experience?  Is it still only charged in restaurants and lounges, or is it now charged at embarkation?  TIA.

Abby

First when are you sailing.  If your documents are all available look at your Cruise Booklet on the website.  I am in the habit now of printing everything Celebrity sends or is on the website to a PDF file.  

This is from my Cruise Booklet for our January cruise.  

image.png.94a26a05926e1265a72f2b26ffe22292.png

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, backbiter said:

Can anyone confirm if the wine bottle allowance on embarkation  is two per person or two per stateroom? The advice in this thread is conflicting.

Thanks in advance.

Its 1 per person. Not enough IMO. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:29 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Just one in each bag 😉😁🍷

I'm on Ruby Princess at the moment brought 2 bottles onboard (only 1 allowed also)  and a third given to me by the TA I booked with a really fabulous Shiraz which isn't on their menu.