Scooter Rental for Ship-Escape

cruisekitty22

We are booked on the Escape for April 30- May 7, 2023 and we are both seniors over 65.  We want to rent a scooter for each of us. Anyone do this?  Is one scooter ok for the both of us to rent  instead?  We want to rent from the ship directly and not an outside company or should we book from the website now?  Should we wait until we are on board the ship to do the rental?  Which is cheaper the ship or scoot around?  What is everyone's experience with this?

56 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We are booked on the Escape for April 30- May 7, 2023 and we are both seniors over 65.  We want to rent a scooter for each of us. Anyone do this?  Is one scooter ok for the both of us to rent  instead?  We want to rent from the ship directly and not an outside company or should we book from the website now?  Should we wait until we are on board the ship to do the rental?  Which is cheaper the ship or scoot around?  What is everyone's experience with this?

Go to NCL's website. Scroll down to the bottom of page. Click on "Accessible Cruising". Should answer all your questions. 

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

I assume that you have booked an accessible room? Scooters need to be stored in your room and not left blocking halls. Two scooters in a room may be tight. I am not aware of any NCL scooter rentals. I thought that you had to book scooters through a 3rd party vendor, in advance, who would deliver them to the ship. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

As others have said, NCL does not rent scooters.  You will have to rent via their third party partner Scootaround.  The contact info is on the accessible cruising page others have linked to.  You will need to reserve your scooters in advance; you cannot rent after you board.  In addition, I suggest reserving the scooter far in advance.  You don't want to risk their running out of inventory for a given week.

I highly recommend reserving an accessible room when using a scooter.  As BirdTravels notes, you cannot leave the scooter in the hallway.  An accessible room is much easier to drive your scooter into thanks to the wider, automatic opening doors.

CruiseCritic forums have an Accessible Cruising section as well.  You can get a lot of advice from the people that post there.

• Thanks 1