Can you help? Cunard crew lists 1911

Tomliverpool

hello

I am doing some research on my Great Grandfather who worked for Cunard Line as a Ships Stoker in 1911. I am trying to find out what ships he worked on. I know there are passenger lists but not sure about crew lists. Any help or advise would be really appreciated

Thanks Tom

There is a website called Ships Nostalgia where they can give a lot of links to where crew lists,  career lists are filed.   Mostly deals with merchant marine but there are always new members trying to trace the history of relatives.  You might look it up and figure out where to post your query.  Most of the members are Brits…. EM

My sister is a research librarian/historian/museum curator and said:

A gazillion people may already have suggested this, but . . .

Ancestry.com includes crew lists, where applicable. Enter the person’s name and any useful details, and when the list of available documents comes up, his/her appearance on crew lists will be included. (Of course, there may hundreds of John Smiths, so here’s hoping for a more distinctive name!)

Ancestry is usually available for use without charge in  public libraries — but take a notebook because the information won’t be saved.

Thank you so much for all your help. I haven't yet found anything yet about my Great Grandfather Joseph Toole but have found out his father was a Stoker on the Cunard Catalonia in 1890 and a Coal Trimmer on Cunard Servia in 1892 apparently his wage was £4. 10 shillings a month. He emigrated from Dublin to Liverpool to seek his fortune.

Thank you all once again. Research ongoing

• Like 2