? Having to move cabin on Azura email today

LLOM

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

And there might even be a legal obligation under the unfair terms legislation:

www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/unfair-terms-in-consumer-contracts-regulations-1999-aStUy9R7ArXw

Quite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tring said:

Quite.

I don’t know why more people don’t take this route. It’s not difficult, and it is effective. Does require perseverance, though, and an understanding of the legal position, but there’s plenty of free online guidance on that. P&O have a habit of using non-disclosure agreements to settle claims, but so what if it achieves the goal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Absolutely. I do understand why they cannot deal with it as they are really only there to sell cruises BUT they should be able to put you straight through to Customer Service to make a complaint.

They only give you one number to phone. They could give you the correct phone number for your query. Not too hard ,but making things easier for the customer isn't on their agenda.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LLOM said:

After reading some of the posts here I again rang and explained that they would probably see all the cabins as taken could they then check with other departments if there were any availability from cabins that may show up as  blocked, I at least got someone who did show an interest in trying to resolve the matter but again came back with no availability, all they could offer was to speak to customer services when we get on board. As regards any compensation we have to go through customer service complaints department should we wish to pursue it.

Molecrochip did say that the normal call centre will not see blocked cruises though, so the only way you can get that information is from customer services.  Not ideal, I agree, but as their staff can only do what they do with the access to the system which they have, you can only solve your problem by going along with their methods.

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

And there might even be a legal obligation under the unfair terms legislation:

www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/unfair-terms-in-consumer-contracts-regulations-1999-aStUy9R7ArXw

They seem to have a complaint and liability mindset. The don't realise that some customers just want to discuss an issue........I wonder if you can help. I chose a cabin near the lift. You have moved me to one a long way away. Can I be moved to one nearer the lift please..........speak to customer services.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, zap99 said:

They seem to have a complaint and liability mindset. The don't realise that some customers just want to discuss an issue........I wonder if you can help. I chose a cabin near the lift. You have moved me to one a long way away. Can I be moved to one nearer the lift please..........speak to customer services.

Couldn't agree more, and you certainly don't want to be using any kind of legal route, or even mentioning it, unless you hit an absolute brick wall.  Politeness, courtesy and friendliness are the watchwords to resolving consumer issues, and most companies respond accordingly.  The one that really stands out for us is Lakeland, who recently replaced a complete air fryer costing £129 that was damaged entirely because of our stupidity in using an inappropriate cleaning fluid.  All we did was ask whether a chargeable repair was possible - the replacement was a shock!  

P&O are at the other end of the scale though, and if the softly softly approach doesn't work there are just two options.  Put up with it or make it very plain indeed (if your case is sound) that you're ready, willing and able to use the small claims procedure.  Not difficult, and they do settle well before that stage is reached.  Others here will confirm that.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

The thing that really hacks me off is ' you will need to speak to customer services '  NO. They should have the power to sort it, or they can speak to customer services '.  Sorry Sir, I can't deal with your query, I will transfer you to customer services,   or. I will speak to customer services and get somebody to phone you back..Here is their Direct line in case you need to speak to them........sorry mate, you will need to speak to customer services...no I can't tell you their direct number...join the queue again.😡

You been tapping my phone calls with P & O?  😀

I got the impression that the stonewalling was policy as opposed to individuals not wanting to pass the matter on directly.

7 hours ago, Angel57 said:

As it is so often - it is the way this sort of issue is being dealt with.
If certain countries are enforcing the need for quarantine cabins to be available then that is out of P&Os control and they cannot be blamed.

However at the very least all affected cabins (and especially if quite a lot of extra money has been paid for a specific cabin) should be offered the option to cancel or given a decent chunk of OBC. They may not be legally obliged to recompense but morally……. 

P&O can be blamed. They know well in advance  the countries policies they are going to. They sell the cabins, hold on to the money for months and get interest. They are not concerned with passengers feelings.

10 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

P&O can be blamed. They know well in advance  the countries policies they are going to. They sell the cabins, hold on to the money for months and get interest. They are not concerned with passengers feelings.

How can P&O know the countries policies when they can literally change within 24hrs

Molecrochip seems to have taken down a post saying ships do not usually sail with 120% capacity...obviously as the capacity maximum is 100%. AQnyway, to slightly contradict him the actual new rules in Palma say that ' the definition of a mega ship such as Arvia etc is having a capacity of 5000 or more. It does not need that many passengers, just the capacity. It also states that in addition  no more than 3 ships with over 500 passengers will  be allowed, and a maximum of 8500 passengers per day. No exceptions save for Seaview as it is their home port.. It seems that P&O will have problems in the Med as Barcelona and Dubrovnik are also introducing passenger number restrictions.

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

You been tapping my phone calls with P & O?  😀

I got the impression that the stonewalling was policy as opposed to individuals not wanting to pass the matter on directly.

Seems to be policy to make things difficult. My companies policy was...one point of contact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Molecrochip seems to have taken down a post saying ships do not usually sail with 120% capacity...obviously as the capacity maximum is 100%. AQnyway, to slightly contradict him the actual new rules in Palma say that ' the definition of a mega ship such as Arvia etc is having a capacity of 5000 or more. It does not need that many passengers, just the capacity. It also states that in addition  no more than 3 ships with over 500 passengers will  be allowed, and a maximum of 8500 passengers per day. No exceptions save for Seaview as it is their home port.. It seems that P&O will have problems in the Med as Barcelona and Dubrovnik are also introducing passenger number restrictions.

The post you refer to is in the thread regarding Palma/Arvia. It has not been taken down.  

Regarding difficulties it's clear a lot of lines have a problem with Palma, a look at 4 August shows MSC having Grandiosa, Virtuosa and Seaview booked in. 

As someone booked on Arvia, Britannia and Queen Victoria with planned Majorca calls I've been following this issue for some months and nothing on the port schedule appears to change until very near sailing date.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The post you refer to is in the thread regarding Palma/Arvia. It has not been taken down.  

Regarding difficulties it's clear a lot of lines have a problem with Palma, a look at 4 August shows MSC having Grandiosa, Virtuosa and Seaview booked in. 

As someone booked on Arvia, Britannia and Queen Victoria with planned Majorca calls I've been following this issue for some months and nothing on the port schedule appears to change until very near sailing date.

Hi. Glad you are back.  Could it be that they wait until it is too late to do anything about it? If so that would seem to be the current attitude of P&O.

Reading this thread has made me think about the premium you pay for Select.  At the least you should be reimbursed if they cannot fulfil the benefits which you're paying extra for (I suspect most of us pay Select primarily if not exclusively to choose our cabin location). 

But how many of us know how much extra we paid for Select and can we trust P&O to tell us?   But that's what I would be seeking to be refunded.  So.......its made me think that in future I'm going to take a screen shot of the two prices.  Whether it helps is another matter but at least I'll know the price difference to quote if needed. 

I do hope I you get a positive outcome - its so annoying and morally reprehensible imo not to compensate you for the extra premium you paid. Good luck! 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Welcome back Megabear hope you have been well.

Thank you.  It's been a bit dramatic since February but hopefully things are going better.  I nearly lost my aunt again, she used up another one of her nine lives after catching covid and developing pneumonia whilst on Bolette.  Unfortunately Fred's doctor misdiagnosed her after the covid cleared and left the pneumonia untreated -  she was told she was being neurotic and prescribed Diazepam leading to less than 24 hours off the ship she was back in intensive care.  Idiot that I am, rushed to visit and fell flat on my face and ended up with broken nose, cheek and concussion.  I finally got the okay yesterday, unfortunately missed my March Iona cruise so rebooked on Arvia in May, hence my interest in all this.

As a point of interest Allclear insurance so far have been good with my aunt's claims!

• Like 9

Oh my you have been in the wars, glad you’re on the mend now. Hope your aunt is doing well also, she has not had it good has she.

good to hear about Allclear re her  claims, I have been using them for a number of years, fortunately I have never had to make any claims.

Take is easy and hope you have a good cruise in May.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Good to see you posting again Megabear. Hope all is well with you. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 7:17 PM, happy v said:

If it is a covid issue. Why can't the people who test, and then decide to tell all and sundry about, it stay in the cabin they booked?

We're just back a 12 day cruise that became 19, as we succumbed to Covid in day 10 and weren't allowed to disembark due to Maltese regulations.

We stayed in our original midship balcony until the evening of day 11. They then moved us to R746, also a balcony, so that they could disinfect our old cabin and give it to the next customers to have booked it.

The back of R deck (or at least the even numbers) seemed to be reserved for those with illnesses.  There were rather a lot of us, by the looks of it.

Once we were released from quarrantine we kept R746 "as long as P&O don't need it for other Ill passengers" - and there we stayed until our return.

It seems ungrateful to complain but there was a heck of a lot of mechanical noise in R746 when docking, presumably from the side thrusters.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, TheArchitect said:

We're just back a 12 day cruise that became 19, as we succumbed to Covid in day 10 and weren't allowed to disembark due to Maltese regulations.

We stayed in our original midship balcony until the evening of day 11. They then moved us to R746, also a balcony, so that they could disinfect our old cabin and give it to the next customers to have booked it.

The back of R deck (or at least the even numbers) seemed to be reserved for those with illnesses.  There were rather a lot of us, by the looks of it.

Once we were released from quarrantine we kept R746 "as long as P&O don't need it for other Ill passengers" - and there we stayed until our return.

It seems ungrateful to complain but there was a heck of a lot of mechanical noise in R746 when docking, presumably from the side thrusters.

Gosh. This raises so many issues. Firstly it appears that these cabin changes are indeed as a result of quarantine and nothing else. Given that we are living with Covid now in the U.K., I wonder how those who work coped with having to take an extra week off? I should imagine that only a tiny proportion of those who might have felt that they had a symptom or two would have said anything as, by doing so, you voluntarily subject yourself to imprisonment (or quarantine, to use the official term). So if it felt as though a lot of people were in quarantine, the actual numbers infected would almost certainly have been many times higher, but those folk would have just carried on with their cruise (and maybe just rested in their cabin for any days they felt rough). Yes, the noise and vibration when docking would have indeed have been the aft thrusters. 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 1

I don't even have test kits now, and I honestly don't know anyone who does. Malta just seem to be awkward. And they  added extra tax..... you can go off people!!

Edited by happy v
  • Like 1