? Having to move cabin on Azura email today

LLOM

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Same here, but I would be more than pi**ed off if our booked cabin was removed from us for those who would, especially as, in our case, it would mean that our cruise was cancelled. There’s only one other accessible cabin of the same or higher grade than we have booked, and that’s the sole accessible suite, which will be booked.

Yes, I understand that. Also folk who carefully select their cabin would be less than pleased if they were moved, particularly for some obscure reason. I guess that in general, P&O should have more accessible cabins. Normally we select our preferred location, and tick the ' no upgrade box ' as we have done on two cruises this year.  on the next one ,In a couple of weeks, it was a bargain basement TA deal, so I accept that we may be moved. TBH, if they do need to isolate folk, it would be because those passengers did a test, failed, and told P&O. We won't be doing that.

• Like 2

We have had no more information from p&o regarding our change of cabin yet, I agree with most of what everyone has said regarding why and unfortunately I now think the recent climb in coronavirus cases could be the problem, they might be just being cautious in putting cabins aside. Although we did get very good OBC for the select fare we did really want to be at the back and having no say in were we will be moved has really take the shine of the cruise, which we were really looking forward to after what has been a very hard couple of  months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LLOM said:

We have had no more information from p&o regarding our change of cabin yet, I agree with most of what everyone has said regarding why and unfortunately I now think the recent climb in coronavirus cases could be the problem, they might be just being cautious in putting cabins aside. Although we did get very good OBC for the select fare we did really want to be at the back and having no say in were we will be moved has really take the shine of the cruise, which we were really looking forward to after what has been a very hard couple of  months.

P&O's customer relations need a kick up the backside. Staff at Southampton, those on the end of the phone, are fine, it's the emails that are frustrating....operational reasons.....Really !....On Britannia...no Pulse tonight due to operational reasons.....apparently one tested positive.  Customers weren't grown up enough to be told that?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I’m sure that many of us who are now worrying again about an issue that we thought was long gone (quarantine zones resulting in cabins booked via Select fares being changed after balance due date) would appreciate you clarifying what this is all about. An issue on one ship could maybe be attributed to a maintenance issue, but 3 ships and “health and well-being” being quoted as the reason is raising major concerns once again. 

Well said, after years of worry we were getting our confidence back and travelling with P&O in May. Last summer we did a 7 night river cruise carried forward from 2121, we were sent a draconic email before travelling detailing among other things, if testing positive we would be off loaded to a quarantine hotel at our expense. In reality we were not asked as told to produce vaccination records at the airport or on ship or submit heath declarations. Covid was the elephant in the room it certainly was not mentioned by staff or crew. But at the end of the cruise we were relieved that we had not gone down with anything, it took the shine off  the holiday. So a statement would be most welcome but I am not holding my breath as most companies will not acknowledge such a problem until forced to by media interest etc

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Several pax in our chat group have reported testing positive and having to stay on board an extra week maybe this is the reason, something P&O hadn’t thought of perhaps 

Do you know if that was a requirement wherever the ship is? Obviously no such requirement exists in the U.K. I mistakenly thought that the days of cruise lines treating Covid like the Bubonic Plague had ended!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Do you know if that was a requirement wherever the ship is? Obviously no such requirement exists in the U.K. I mistakenly thought that the days of cruise lines treating Covid like the Bubonic Plague had ended!

Don’t know what the requirements are but a couple who were supposed to disembark in Tenerife had to stay on a couple of days extra as well

1 hour ago, Mollag said:

Don’t know what the requirements are but a couple who were supposed to disembark in Tenerife had to stay on a couple of days extra as well

How did P&O, or the Spanish authorities, or the airline know ?.🤐

On 3/28/2023 at 5:04 PM, Selbourne said:

Why? If someone with Covid chooses to quarantine they can do so in their booked cabin. 

I wonder if it is for crew to isolate and only a very small number of cabins are involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mollag said:

We flew back from Lanzarote last Thursday.  A lot of people at our hotel had been coughing with a bad bug, but no one suggested we should not fly back, nor had we been tested, though I tested negative on return home.  We are still not well but slowly on the mend but probably not covid.

I know Azura is now Malta, so perhaps they have different rules to the Canary Islands.  I know her previous turn around was in Tenerife.

Edited by tring

I got off Azura four weeks ago, lots of sniffles and coughing. I have had a cough for four weeks and have just been to the Dr this morning and got antibiotics. Not you know what I tested negative this morning 

Michelle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I got off Azura four weeks ago, lots of sniffles and coughing. I have had a cough for four weeks and have just been to the Dr this morning and got antibiotics. Not you know what I tested negative this morning 

Michelle

We have been felling pretty bad, with more general flu like symptoms rather than just a cold/chest infection.  In fact we have felt much worse than when we did test positive last April.  So there is at least one other nasty bug out there and not just on cruise ships, but ours seems to have been more viral without a secondary chest infection, luckily. 

We had our flu jabs as usual last September and were fine on Azura late Sept/early Oct and Aurora in November and did not notice anyone around us bad then either.  Hopefully the oncoming summer will get rid of it soon,

Hope you are on the mend soon,

Barbara

Edited by tring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tring said:

We have been felling pretty bad, with more general flu like symptoms rather than just a cold/chest infection.  In fact we have felt much worse than when we did test positive last April.  So there is at least one other nasty bug out there and not just on cruise ships, but ours seems to have been more viral without a secondary chest infection, luckily. 

We had our flu jabs as usual last September and were fine on Azura late Sept/early Oct and Aurora in November and did not notice anyone around us bad then either.  Hopefully the oncoming summer will get rid of it soon,

Hope you are on the mend soon,

Barbara

Thanks Barbara, hope you feel better soon too. 

Michelle

• Like 1

Britannia isn’t going anywhere that other ships aren’t - so that confuses me.

Azura is going to Greece so it’s possible they still need some comfort with isolation cabins.

My only other wonder is whether there is a significant number of crew coming from a country which still has higher infection rates, who need to isolate on arrival.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Britannia isn’t going anywhere that other ships aren’t - so that confuses me.

Azura is going to Greece so it’s possible they still need some comfort with isolation cabins.

My only other wonder is whether there is a significant number of crew coming from a country which still has higher infection rates, who need to isolate on arrival.

So  would new crew isolate on the ship? Surely this will put passengers in danger of infection. Would P&O be so  carefree with passengers health?

2 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

So  would new crew isolate on the ship? Surely this will put passengers in danger of infection. Would P&O be so  carefree with passengers health?

It’s been happening for best part of two years since the restart. A part of the ship is sectioned off and used for quarantine. I’m not saying this is it though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, molecrochip said:

It’s been happening for best part of two years since the restart. A part of the ship is sectioned off and used for quarantine. I’m not saying this is it though!

If you could get to the bottom of this it would be much appreciated. The balance due date for the 3 cabins that I’ve booked on Iona comes up in around 6 weeks time, and the last time that the ship had a quarantine zone these cabins were affected. I am not prepared to pay the balance if the risk of us being moved after balance due date has returned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

If you could get to the bottom of this it would be much appreciated. The balance due date for the 3 cabins that I’ve booked on Iona comes up in around 6 weeks time, and the last time that the ship had a quarantine zone these cabins were affected. I am not prepared to pay the balance if the risk of us being moved after balance due date has returned.

They seemed to have restocked a lot of things in Malta but after a few days of decent meals in the MDR it was back to cold meals last night, they seem to have had a soot problem down aft as well also the decks are lifting in places it doesn’t look like there’s a great deal of maintenance going on we won’t be rushing back on her that’s for sure on the plus side the crew are fantastic can’t do enough for us

19 minutes ago, Mollag said:

They seemed to have restocked a lot of things in Malta but after a few days of decent meals in the MDR it was back to cold meals last night, they seem to have had a soot problem down aft as well also the decks are lifting in places it doesn’t look like there’s a great deal of maintenance going on we won’t be rushing back on her that’s for sure on the plus side the crew are fantastic can’t do enough for us

We just left Azura in Malta.  We had a great cruise, and can't wait to get back onboard her in June.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

If isolation on board is an adequate means of preventing passengers from passing on infections, then surely the same applies to crew members.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

You mean they are murdering passengers now and then claiming it was for operational reasons?!

Very good. I ,of course meant the band called pulse, but had a giggle at your astutidness.🤣

• Like 2

We still have not been informed of change of cabin, I would have thought by now it would have been allocated considering we fly Thursday and we still cannot book any of the speciality restaurants, our friends are going on the Iona in may and they have been informed they will be able to book from the 15th. Has anyone who has been on the Azura recently been able to pre book the restaurants.

Many thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LLOM said:

We still have not been informed of change of cabin, I would have thought by now it would have been allocated considering we fly Thursday and we still cannot book any of the speciality restaurants, our friends are going on the Iona in may and they have been informed they will be able to book from the 15th. Has anyone who has been on the Azura recently been able to pre book the restaurants.

Many thanks 

You can’t prebook till onboard. Just returned.