OBC as a present

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't believe until on board 

Thanks! 

I presume these are “different” to the gift certificates that can be purchased for a discount through AARP which have to be used immediately on booking a new cruise?

Do you know if the AARP funds are refundable if you subsequently cancel the cruise?

Edited by c-leg5

Just now, c-leg5 said:

Thanks! 

I presume these are “different” gift certificates to the ones that can be purchased for a discount through AARP which have to be used immediately on booking a new cruise?

Do you know if the AARP funds are refundable if you subsequently cancel the cruise?

Sorry, not familiar with AARP policy

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, not familiar with AARP policy

OK I know they have to be booked initially directly but I thought you might have had experience after transfer to TA and then subsequently cancelled.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

If it is OBC that is purchased it will not show up until on board.

Ken, I always appreciate your knowledge base!   In your experience, is there any way to change this?  We have all our kids and grandkids coming on a cruise in August with us, and we bought OBC (not gift certificates) by calling the Gifts & Gear phone number, so it's all good there.  We've told our kids that they have this OBC, but if they want to reserve something in the cruise planner - they cannot use this money - I find that odd. Is there anyway to change this?  Or do I just make sure to bring all the records of purchases and hope that the OBC shows up on their individual accounts on day 1?  To me, it would be beneficial for Royal to make it available in the planner - more opportunity for revenue. 

To pre-empt the smart-alecs in the crowd (you know who you are - or maybe... you don't actually know...) - no the word "on-board" is not lost on me, lol. I've have OBC through the cruise line that is spendable in the cruise planner.