This is something new! Shareholder OBC customer service

trvlwrld

On 4/11/2023 at 10:14 AM, SiliconCruiser said:

My experience is that they issue the credit quickly (within hours), but I've never received any kind of acknowledgement that the credit had been issued.

If you’ve booked direct with Princess or use a PVP then you receive an updated confirmation notice from Princess. If you’ve booked with a TA then the confirmation notice is sent to them and it’s up to them to send it to you, which they may or may not do. 

On 4/10/2023 at 11:57 PM, Prost said:

If I booked a cruise for May 20th, would submitting this now be too late since they said all reservation has to be made by Feb 28, 2023?

It’s not even too late after the cruise starts.  I once went to Guest Services and was given a direct email address for that ship and submitted while on board and it was credited to my account.  

• Like 1

I emailed the form on Sat night (bought 110 shares of CCL only last Monday) and by checking my updated summary (after they told me that my bid upgrade was accepted) on Tuesday night, the $100 OBC is there!   I treat it as like a quick close to 10% rate of return 😀

2 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

My brokerage account doesn’t have my name on it, only the account#,  will it still be accepted by PCL?

My husband has it in his personal account w/Fidelity. He pulls up his month-end statement and finds the page w/the CCL stock on it. He then prints to PDF only that page which includes his name and account number. He prints it out and redacts the acct # and then scans to send it off to our TA to send to Princess. He's done it for many years now with no issue.

1 hour ago, Sailaway617 said:

If you book directly through Princess, is it better to email or fax the information? 

I prefer to email it because you get an automated response that they have received your correspondence. I never got confirmation from Princess when I faxed the documents years ago.

• Thanks 1

Submitted my request via email yesterday at 4:47 PM, received automatic reply back at 4:48 to allow up to 21 days.  Went to the Princess app to look at excursions 20 minutes later and the OBC was added for my cruise in October.

I had to call once, using a number given on past threads here, and a nice woman helped me right away, looking up my email, checking everything with the statement was right, and giving it to me right away. Of course, the question still remains about whether the OBC is worth it for those who bought CCL at a much higher price and could have bought a stock that's been growing and paying dividends. But it's definitely helped make me more loyal to Princess, along with the refundable military benefit, which is now automatically applied. I bought some RCL last year, when its price swooned just because Carnival had some bad earnings, and that got me credit on some Celebrity cruises and a good profit when I sold it. 

On 4/1/2023 at 8:26 AM, MissP22 said:

Something has actually changed for the better !

I bought 100 shares in the morning sent the proof right after the sale and had the $250 OBC before noon.

13 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

I took a picture of my application and my Fidelity statement, emailed it this morning, and I have the credit now.  Pretty slick.

I won’t do this, but what would keep someone from selling the stock before the cruise? 

Somehow I'd think they would be just as quick to remove the OBC as they were applying it. 

Is there a trick to getting your OBC so quickly?  We have a cruise scheduled on July 1 2023 and e-mailed the stockholders info about 3 weeks ago with no reply.  So last week we e-mailed again with "second request" in the subject box.  We still have not received our OBC

1 minute ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Is there a trick to getting your OBC so quickly?  We have a cruise scheduled on July 1 2023 and e-mailed the stockholders info about 3 weeks ago with no reply.  So last week we e-mailed again with "second request" in the subject box.  We still have not received our OBC

I did mine yesterday..  they did not respond....go onto your bookings to payments, scroll way down to credits.  I found it there.

9 minutes ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Sweetrosie-  I looked there and it is not showing up.

What did you use as proof of your stock ownership?  My statement only had my account # on it, but I went to the Fidelity office and they had me change my account name of my name (versus a nickname I had for it) so that my name was on statement.  It went through pretty quickly that way. 

4 hours ago, Sweetrosie said:

I did mine yesterday..  they did not respond....go onto your bookings to payments, scroll way down to credits.  I found it there.

3 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

What did you use as proof of your stock ownership?  My statement only had my account # on it, but I went to the Fidelity office and they had me change my account name of my name (versus a nickname I had for it) so that my name was on statement.  It went through pretty quickly that way. 

We have always e-mailed our most recent statement with our names and 100 shares Carnival stocks highlighted. We have always received the OBC but it takes 2-3 attempts to get it.

5 hours ago, Shawn5 said:

How would they know you sold the shares unless you told them?

I'm really not sure but you would think they would have some feed back from the current sales. 

If you do sell your shares, let us know what happened to your OBC.

My guess is that CCL/PCL doesn't care if you sell your shares after receiving the OBC but before (or during) your cruise. The OBC is not real money to them and they're not going to spend the time, effort, or labor $$ to police this pro-customer/pro-investor perk or any violations of it.

18 hours ago, Shawn5 said:

The OBC is not real money to them and they're not going to spend the time, effort, or labor $$ to police this pro-customer/pro-investor perk or any violations of it.

I'm not to sure about that.